Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-27-2012, 08:45 PM   #571
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Coach?
No, Kate Spade (from the outlet store).
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 08:55 PM   #572
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Congrats; my Nexus 7 just arrived.

Earlier this morning, the Clips were all selling at the BF prices. I'll continue monitoring the MP3 players throughout the holidays for any deals.

BTW, what size did you get?
I got the 4GB. I also got a 32 GB card. So not likely to actually need another one. But it's so cute! Orange
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2012, 09:04 PM   #573
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
So prices have really come down. Wonder how long it would take before you'd recover the investment today in something akin to New England climate?
I've been quoted 30+ years at current energy costs and usage.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:20 PM   #574
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
YW; glad to be of service.

My toys are starting to trickle in now. Roku HD yesterday, Nexus 7 today, and hopefully Kindle Fire tomorrow. Still have to get to Costco to pick up the Galaxy Tab 2. The UPS guy will be quite busy over the next few days.
Are these all for presents or are you a tablet junkie?!
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:35 PM   #575
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
He's a banana junkie!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-27-2012, 09:49 PM   #576
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
The Nexus is mine and the Galaxies are possible gifts.

While setting up a Fire for a non-techie friend, I wanted to get one for myself if the price dropped to $129 again. It did, so I got it. I like its interface, so it'll make a great stay-at-home cloud device for my Amazon content.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:50 PM   #577
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
He's a banana junkie!
this
Old 11-27-2012, 09:51 PM   #578
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post
No, Kate Spade (from the outlet store).
OK; I don't know anything about handbags, other than Coach is expensive.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:00 PM   #579
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I got the 4GB. I also got a 32 GB card. So not likely to actually need another one. But it's so cute! Orange
I hear ya. I nearly popped for the lime green one. But I distracted myself with a banana and overcame the temptation.

Still, it's a way cool color

Spoiler:
Old 11-27-2012, 10:00 PM   #580
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post
I managed to not order a new iPad! Yay for me! I did, however, get a nice WD Passport external hard drive (2 terabytes), which I'd been meaning to pick up for a long time. It arrived today, I will reformat it tomorrow and start moving some things over onto it. Both my husband and I will be using it.
I love my passport! It's only 500GB which is why I want a 2TB too but I have to get it locally. I just don't trust Hard Drives being shipped here anymore. It seems every drive that is sent to me has failed at some point but everything I bought Local is still going. The problem is some drives I can only get online. It's only happened since I moved here 7 years ago so I have theories.

I wish solid state drives would come down in price!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:10 PM   #581
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
I've had bad luck with external Seagate drives but great luck with WD Passport drives. FWIW.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:16 PM   #582
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
I've had bad luck with external Seagate drives but great luck with WD Passport drives. FWIW.
I've only buy WD and have had 3 internals go bad in two years. My externals last forever.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:30 PM   #583
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
That is too long, by that time I will have moved and you won't be able to include it in the price for the house, not in Sweden. If I'd recoup it in ten years it'd be worth considering. I think this might be a reason we are so slow to adapt here, that and the six months with no sun
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:02 AM   #584
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
That thing is huge. That's one of those 'up on the housetop' things.
Monkeys can't climb?

Try this one - easy to carry around and recharge: http://www.portableuniversalpower.co...lt-product.htm
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:12 AM   #585
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
A lot depends on the local power company (ours pays back a premium on all output, higher than you pay to get power used).

Properly designed, with batteries, etc, you'll have more into it, but will be able to sever ties to the grid when power is off (here, it's snow - been off for up to 5 days). That should mean you save on a generator (purchase, storage, maintenance and the fuel storage to use it).

You still need a way to cook (not gonna run an electric stove/oven on it). Propane or butane based are best bets (butane is cheap, easy to store and carry with you; seems every asian store carries portable butane stoves, here).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote