Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-28-2013, 08:14 AM   #211
dos1
20% cooler.
dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
You aren't going to port KDE to the Kindle?

Oh, man, next thing you will be telling us you will not be porting OpenOffice to the Kindle.

PS: to the non-software tech. readers - either of the above would take more than one person's lifetime to do.
You already could simply install both KDE and OpenOffice on Kindle from Debian repositories, but weak CPU and disk space might be a problem. I've seen on Mobileread someone who attached flash drive to Kindle, so it might be possible. I've also seen KDE running on Neo Freerunner - much weaker device than Kindle. Firefox already works on my Paperwhite - it's barely usable, but it works
dos1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:47 AM   #212
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
So you are not dead!

I knew it

Hey... did you see I got the Xephyr working now natively...

That dithyr project is looking more and more sexy you know!

How is the super derpy coming along?

Peace bro.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2013, 11:59 AM   #213
dos1
20% cooler.
dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
So you are not dead!

I knew it

Peace bro.
Not yet Just lack of time, as usual... Super Derpy is also suffering from that... I hope I'll catch up with everything soon

I'm glad to see progress being made on Xephyr! I'd like to someday do nice, seamless integration with Debian and native desktops, like leaving IM on and accessible while reading, it might be useful for that
dos1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:02 PM   #214
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I am so nearly there
only the dithering is holding me back
Old 03-28-2013, 11:50 PM   #215
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
So you are not dead!

I knew it

Peace bro.
I thought we had 'nuked Poland -
Maybe we missed dos1
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2013, 11:53 PM   #216
twobob

Nuke my framebuffer skills while you are at it

They cant get worse : D
Old 05-27-2013, 06:06 AM   #217
aditya3098
Guru
aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
root@kindle:/mnt/us# ./bootdebian.sh [*] Mounting Rootfs...[*] Preparing Filesystem...[*] Preparing Network Connections...[*] Starting Shell...
FATAL: kernel too old[*]Unmounting Rootfs...
root@kindle:/mnt/us#
On a touch. Just multistrapped.
aditya3098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:15 AM   #218
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya3098 View Post
root@kindle:/mnt/us# ./bootdebian.sh [*] Mounting Rootfs...[*] Preparing Filesystem...[*] Preparing Network Connections...[*] Starting Shell...
FATAL: kernel too old[*]Unmounting Rootfs...
root@kindle:/mnt/us#
On a touch. Just multistrapped.
Specify an earlier (much earlier) Debian release.

You have to go back at least to before when they adopted armhf as the default (or specify armel).
Also ones that use the 2.6.x series kernels.
Old 05-27-2013, 11:33 AM   #219
aditya3098
Guru
aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Specify an earlier (much earlier) Debian release.

You have to go back at least to before when they adopted armhf as the default (or specify armel).
Also ones that use the 2.6.x series kernels.
I dunno, he used sid before wheezy went stable, so I'll try wheezy.
Old 05-27-2013, 11:41 AM   #220
aditya3098
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dos1 View Post
Not yet Just lack of time, as usual... Super Derpy is also suffering from that... I hope I'll catch up with everything soon

I'm glad to see progress being made on Xephyr! I'd like to someday do nice, seamless integration with Debian and native desktops, like leaving IM on and accessible while reading, it might be useful for that
You can compile coolreader or fbreader to run on debian. Then, obliterate every sign of the kindle framework, add light dimmer and battery stats etc to mb-panel and start debian on boot.
Old 05-27-2013, 01:32 PM   #221
aditya3098
Guru

Wheezy works, but I ran across two problems:
The games will not launch. Nor the stop x.
Also the keyboard is cut of from the bottom as in I can see the top quater of the bottom row of buttons at the bottom of the screen.
Old 05-27-2013, 02:00 PM   #222
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya3098 View Post
Wheezy works, but I ran across two problems:
The games will not launch. Nor the stop x.
Also the keyboard is cut of from the bottom as in I can see the top quater of the bottom row of buttons at the bottom of the screen.
That sounds like we would need to mix/match stuff from the different distro releases - -
or -
Maybe do a custom rebuild from Debian sources to get exactly what matches the Kindle system.
or -
Maybe finish up KUAL.KualSystem (which is stalled due to lack of developement time).
Old 05-28-2013, 12:23 AM   #223
aditya3098
Guru

I launched twobob's Xephyr instead and it worked.
Old 06-08-2013, 04:18 PM   #224
icantbebothered
Penguin
icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2.1
Any chance of that noob-friendly shell script?
icantbebothered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 02:54 AM   #225
aditya3098
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by icantbebothered View Post
Any chance of that noob-friendly shell script?
Hmmm... I don't see any purpose of that, as debian is not a piece of cake to use.

But the payback is HUGE

Tags
debian, kindle, paperwhite