Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-31-2012, 02:44 AM   #46
arad26
Zealot
arad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: PW2
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gluggy View Post
Yes, the GUID is available through the Mobi Metadata Editor.

Just click on the "Header Info" button, scroll down to "MOBI Header", and it's listed as "Unique ID".

The database name is also listed under "PDB Header" as "Name".

THANK YOU SOO MUCH!!! If you only knew how i struggled with that!!
arad26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:51 AM   #47
gluggy
gluggy reads XML... blindfoldedgluggy reads XML... blindfoldedgluggy reads XML... blindfoldedgluggy reads XML... blindfoldedgluggy reads XML... blindfoldedgluggy reads XML... blindfoldedgluggy reads XML... blindfoldedgluggy reads XML... blindfoldedgluggy reads XML... blindfoldedgluggy reads XML... blindfoldedgluggy reads XML... blindfolded

Device: none
You're welcome. I'm glad it worked out for you!

The reason I wrote the editor was because I didn't want to install mobi2mobi on my OS X machine too.
gluggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2012, 02:56 PM   #48
shinew
Addict
shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 Touch, iPad2, Samsung Galaxy S II
Quote:
arad26, why don't you try my Java Mobi Metadata Editor? It doesn't require mobi2mobi, and it'll run as long as you have Java installed.
that's great! now we have an alternative. I've added the link to your app in my original post.

Last edited by shinew; 01-31-2012 at 03:03 PM.
shinew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 03:39 PM   #49
ethan160222
ethan160222 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXi, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Yes, the GUID is available through the Mobi Metadata Editor.

Just click on the "Header Info" button, scroll down to "MOBI Header", and it's listed as "Unique ID".

The database name is also listed under "PDB Header" as "Name".
THANK YOU GLUGGY!!!!!1!!one!!! Now I can take advantage of Shinew's efforts!
ethan160222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 04:54 AM   #50
Culex
Culex began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Can someone make a Calibre Plugin please?
Culex is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2012, 02:08 PM   #51
arad26
Zealot
arad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Culex View Post
Can someone make a Calibre Plugin please?
THAT WOULD BE A DREAM COME TRUE
arad26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 02:00 PM   #52
DumbledoreMD
DumbledoreMD began at the beginning.

What if the book doesn't have an ASIN?
DumbledoreMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 02:54 PM   #53
shinew
Addict
shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shinew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 Touch, iPad2, Samsung Galaxy S II
Quote:
Originally Posted by DumbledoreMD View Post
What if the book doesn't have an ASIN?
you can use mobi2mobi, or probably Gluggy's mobi meta editor(haven't used it myself) to add its ASIN, which can be found on the book's amazon page. Or you can do a Mobi to Mobi conversion through Calibre, it'll also give you a valid ASIN. Calibre method is probably the easiest.
shinew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 06:42 AM   #54
gangtom
gangtom began at the beginning.

Page locations not displaying

Hi Shinew,

Thank you very much. I really appreciate your effort towards building this amazing application.

I have a pdf of <book> which i converted into mobi using calibre. Then, I generated the xray file and put it as per your instructions on my kindle. I can get the xray feature to work, but the locations of the term on my mobi formatted file cannot be linked to, which i think is obvious as you haven't taken the mobi file as input. Is it possible for me to get this to work in any other way?

Also, on the text location for a specific character on the xray dialog box, under the "page 1", i'm getting the following text - "ight="Opt" width="Opt">. Is this because of some mistake i've done in generating my xray file?
gangtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 07:26 AM   #55
millinho
Nameless Being

hi, thanks for the work, but it is somehow possible to do this for german ebooks? i'd love to use x-ray for dostojevski books =)
Old 03-26-2012, 02:29 PM   #56
Tarr
Tarr began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Just wanted to say thanks, this is great for the long in depth series' like Wheel of Time, etc. Now if only Shelfari were older and more complete!
Tarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:13 PM   #57
mjwilson
Connoisseur
mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
I've started to look at making a Calibre plug-in for this. It won't be available amazingly soon, as I'm picking up Python as I go.
mjwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:29 PM   #58
mjwilson
Connoisseur
mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OK, let's see how this goes...

If all goes well there should be a attachment containing a Calibre plugin with this functionality. Hopefully this makes a few bits and pieces like finding the ASIN easier (assuming I got it right!)

The plugin is just a port to Python of the logic from shinew's original script - I haven't really done anything clever on top of that. The structure of the plugin is taken from the APNX Generator.

Please consider it alpha software.
Attached Files
File Type: zip plugin_xray_generator.zip (13.2 KB, 577 views)
Old 05-25-2012, 11:38 AM   #59
snarf
snarf began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone Kindle App
Awesome! I'm going to give this a try over the weekend. Thank you so much for working on this!!!!!!
snarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 12:11 PM   #60
mjwilson
Connoisseur

BTW the following instruction from the original web version still applies:

"Connect your Kindle Touch via USB, copy the generated XRAY file to "your_book_name.sdr" folder. You're done!"

ie you still have to manually put the generated XRay file into the appropriate folder.

Tags
application, k5 tools, kindle, kindle tools, x-ray