Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you use Duokan Lite generally?
from the boot screen 127 34.32%
with launchpad hotkeys 34 9.19%
haven't used yet 209 56.49%
Voters: 370. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-12-2013, 02:23 PM   #1111
Kobudera
Hungarian
Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.

Device: Kindle
Hi!

New Hungarian.txt! R 1.7:

Kindle Paperwhite/Touch: Hungarian.txt

Kindle 3-4: Hungarian.txt

New English.txt R 1.7:

English.txt

Last edited by Kobudera; 04-13-2013 at 03:10 PM.
Kobudera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:12 PM   #1112
Scaevola
Scaevola can extract oil from cheeseScaevola can extract oil from cheeseScaevola can extract oil from cheeseScaevola can extract oil from cheeseScaevola can extract oil from cheeseScaevola can extract oil from cheeseScaevola can extract oil from cheeseScaevola can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 3
The downloads are so slow, do you have a mirror for Duokan?
Scaevola is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2013, 11:44 AM   #1113
julian20
julian20 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hi everybody,

I've installed Duokan on my Kindle Paperwhite with firmware 5.3.4 and I cant change the menus to English.

I tryed to do this :

The frist step is OK, second too, but the problem is in step 3. When I push on the number of pages to go page 2 it takes me to page 3.

Also I followed this tutorial http://duokanhun.blogspot.com.au/201...aba-razva.html and menus still in Chinese.

Please help me!
julian20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 04:54 AM   #1114
Kobudera
Hungarian
Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.Kobudera taught Chuck Norris how to fight.

Device: Kindle
New Hungarian.txt! R 1.8:

Kindle Paperwhite/Touch: Hungarian.rar

Kindle 3-4: Hungarian.rar

New english txt! R 1.8

kindle 3-4; Kindle Touch/Paperwhite: English.txt

New Function:
Trim setting
Manual trim:
Smart trim:

Last edited by Kobudera; 04-21-2013 at 06:00 AM.
Kobudera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:41 AM   #1115
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by julian20 View Post
Hi everybody,

I've installed Duokan on my Kindle Paperwhite with firmware 5.3.4 and I cant change the menus to English.

I tryed to do this :

The frist step is OK, second too, but the problem is in step 3. When I push on the number of pages to go page 2 it takes me to page 3.

Also I followed this tutorial http://duokanhun.blogspot.com.au/201...aba-razva.html and menus still in Chinese.

Please help me!
Just swipe or slightly touch as you normally do on the PW to go to next page, do not push on the page number, just swipe on the right side, it should take you to page 2 quite simply.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2013, 02:20 PM   #1116
alfarhan
Enthusiast
alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite
I installed DuoKan successfully on my Kindle Paperwhite 5.3.5. I also installed the KUAL extension which is supposed to launch DuoKan. It does not work!

Whenever I restart my Kindle it goes directly to Amazon system. Is there another way to launch DuoKan other than the KUAL extension?
alfarhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:31 AM   #1117
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfarhan View Post
I installed DuoKan successfully on my Kindle Paperwhite 5.3.5. I also installed the KUAL extension which is supposed to launch DuoKan. It does not work!

Whenever I restart my Kindle it goes directly to Amazon system. Is there another way to launch DuoKan other than the KUAL extension?
Do you confirm that there is not a DUOKAN_NO file on the usb root and you did not edit the config.ini file?
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:39 AM   #1118
alfarhan
Enthusiast
alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.alfarhan is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
Do you confirm that there is not a DUOKAN_NO file on the usb root and you did not edit the config.ini file?
Yes, there is no DUOKAN_NO file anywhere in my Kindle and can't find config.ini too :/
alfarhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:05 AM   #1119
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Yes, there is no DUOKAN_NO file anywhere in my Kindle and can't find config.ini too :/
Missing DUOKAN_NO :: Good
Missing config.ini :: Bad
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:19 AM   #1120
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
AFAIR it is in the DK_System\xKindle. if you did not edit this file Duokan should launch on every reboot assuming Duokan is installed properly. Reinstalling the Duokan (via overwritting the DK_System folder) may fix your problem.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:19 PM   #1121
Zeph3r
Zeph3r plays well with othersZeph3r plays well with othersZeph3r plays well with othersZeph3r plays well with othersZeph3r plays well with othersZeph3r plays well with othersZeph3r plays well with othersZeph3r plays well with othersZeph3r plays well with othersZeph3r plays well with othersZeph3r plays well with others

Device: Kindle Touch
Is it possible to set a device password with Duokan?

Thank you,

Zeph3r
Zeph3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:11 AM   #1122
thetasigma2
thetasigma2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch (K5?)
Hi guys, just recently installed Duokan on my Kindle Touch (K5 I believe), only to realise afterwards that it would be beneficial to Jailbreak my KT and install Kual too.
I'm on 5.3.2.1. Was initially on 5.1.2, forgot what it was on when I store bought it if that has any impact on anything. Installed it to 5.3.2.1, thinking it would make the Duokan install easier, but now I discover I've made Jailbreaking that bit much more awkward.

Thing is, I'm kinda worried about installing the Jailbreak whilst Duokan is still on it. Could someone confirm for me if I need to uninstall Duokan first and then Jailbreak? Also, if I do, could someone point me in the right direction. Had a pretty thorough look through this thread for how to uninstall it, but can't seem to find that information.

Just so you know, what with this being my first post and all. I've got quite a bit of experience 'freeing' other devices. Psp, X360, Android phones, Apple phones etc. Most of the time I can work this stuff out. I just still have a tendency to worry about small things, like filenames not being 100% correct etc lol.
thetasigma2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:27 AM   #1123
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetasigma2 View Post
Thing is, I'm kinda worried about installing the Jailbreak whilst Duokan is still on it.
you can jailbreak and install other hacks and official updates on a Kindle that has Duokan installed on it.
to be safe you may follow this:
1- create a DUOKAN_NO file on your Kindle's USB root.
2- copy the update file you want to install
3- update your Kindle
4- if you want to install more go to step 2
5- delete the DUOKAN_NO file (or rename it to some other thing like "DUOKAN_NOdisabled")
6- done
Old 04-28-2013, 02:00 PM   #1124
thetasigma2
thetasigma2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch (K5?)
Ok, so I followed your advice and successfully downgraded - using the Kubrick method - to 5.1.2. I then went on to install the 'pre-requisites' and Kindlets for KUAL. That seems to have installed fine too.

Now my only issue is, that I can't seem to re-boot back into Duokan. I'm assuming it's something to do with the fact, that previously I was on un-Jailbroken 5.3.2.1 and thus installed the newest version of Duokan FOR THAT firmware '2013-04-26.24700.rtm'.
I should also add, that I removed the NO_DUOKAN file, so that shouldn't be an issue.

I'm guessing I now need to remove that incompatible version, re-install the version for 5.1.2 and then update from within Duokan itself to latest?

Sorry to ask this again, but if I do need to remove this version of Duokan to proceed, how do I go about it? Is it as simple as deleting the folders, or is there some changes that need to be made in the firmware itself, to remove it?

Sorry to ask so many questions lol. Very new to Kindle hacking.
Thanks!
thetasigma2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:16 PM   #1125
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetasigma2 View Post
Ok, so I followed your advice and successfully downgraded - using the Kubrick method - to 5.1.2.

Now my only issue is, that I can't seem to re-boot back into Duokan.
why did you downgrade in the first place ? (I think you did not need to do this. )

Using Kubrick could affect DuoKan's files since they're also in system partition. it's very possible that they're completely erased and you need to reinstall it.

Tags
doukan, duokan, duokan lite, epub, information, keyboard, kindle keyboard, mod, pdf