Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 09-29-2007, 10:43 AM   #1
hello
Custom User Title
hello began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia 5130
possible feature?

how about allowing exchanging books between 2 standalone machines? mini usb-mini-usb? is this an easy future possibility?
hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 10:46 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The CyBook can only act as a USB client, not a host. You need a host at one end of the connection to "do stuff".

The only BookReader I'm aware of which can act as a USB host is the iLiad.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2007, 04:23 PM   #3
hello
Custom User Title
hello began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia 5130
is it hardware or software based?
hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 08:08 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
hello, why is it that your signature has an exclamation point where it should have a period?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 08:38 PM   #5
MikeF74
Groupie
MikeF74 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I wan t to kno w why at leas t two word s in ever y one of hello's post s have a spac e before the las t lette r in the wor d.
MikeF74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2007, 09:48 PM   #6
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeF74 View Post
I wan t to kno w why at leas t two word s in ever y one of hello's post s have a spac e before the las t lette r in the wor d.
M e to o!
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 12:02 AM   #7
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by hello View Post
ho w abou t allowing exchanging books between 2 standalone machines? mini usb-mini-usb? is this an easy future possibility?
The "Sima Hitch USB-102 Digital Transfer System" is a hardware solution to what you want (it essentially acts as the host computer sitting between two USB client devices). It should also charge the Reader via USB. The Hitch typically gets poor reviews and is relatively expensive, but it is an alternative to a full computer for file exchange. There may be similar alternatives, probably advertised as ipod exchange devices.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 01:37 AM   #8
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
The "Sima Hitch USB-102 Digital Transfer System" is a hardware solution to what you want (it essentially acts as the host computer sitting between two USB client devices). It should also charge the Reader via USB. The Hitch typically gets poor reviews and is relatively expensive, but it is an alternative to a full computer for file exchange. There may be similar alternatives, probably advertised as ipod exchange devices.
I *guess* they're expensive! Brand-new on eBay they're running for Buy-It-Now prices in the $49 range! Ouch!!!

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 04:01 AM   #9
guguy
Groupie
guguy began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
I *guess* they're expensive! Brand-new on eBay they're running for Buy-It-Now prices in the $49 range! Ouch!!!

Derek
Are you talking about external hd with USB Host support?

Some oher devices support it, such as my Archos Video player (yeah,
it's french )

guguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 12:02 PM   #10
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by guguy View Post
Are you talking about external hd with USB Host support?

Some oher devices support it, such as my Archos Video player (yeah,
it's french )

No. I'm talking about the Sima Hitch USB 102 device. Don't know anything about it except - if I'm reading the eBay listings ad copy right - it functions as a 'smart' USB host for any two USB client devices.

As I only need to transfer from my PC to my Cybook, I don't own one of these.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote