Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-20-2012, 01:57 PM   #1
Grishnak
Grishnak began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 4
Deleting All Files on the Cloud

I want to delete all personal documents stored on my Amazon Cloud service. Still I have more than 400 files there, which sent to device by Calibre Fetch News tool.

1) Is there a way to delete all them, in one action?

2) I don't want to store/backup my Whispernet delivered files on the cloud. When I press 'delete' in my Kindle, I want to delete it forever, I don't want to see that file again. Is there a way to do this?

I'm waiting for your advices.
Grishnak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 02:11 PM   #2
cieplok
cieplok began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
1) Make a bookmarklet with following code as an address:
Code:
javascript:(function(){ var v = new RegExp("PersonalDocuments"); if (!v.test(document.URL)) { return false; } {a=document.getElementsByClassName('rowBodyCollapsed');for(var i = 0; i<a.length; i++){Fion.deleteItem('deleteItem_'+a[i].getAttribute('asin'));};return; }})();
Log on your Amazon account and go to Manage Your Kindle and then Personal Documents and run this bookmarklet. Or you can paste this code to address bar and hit Enter.

2) Also on Manage Your Kindle site click Personal Documents Settings and in section Personal Document Archiving click edit and uncheck option Enable personal document archiving to my Kindle library
cieplok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 02:45 PM   #3
germanor
germanor has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.germanor has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.germanor has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.germanor has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle keyboard wifi / kindle 4
In Your Media Library you can select all the books to be deleted with one click.
germanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 05:01 AM   #4
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
That's a very useful link germanor, thanks! I tried deleting a few books from my archive via the manage your kindle pages, and gave up as it was so slow, that media library is a lot better!
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:38 AM   #5
Grishnak
Grishnak began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 4
Thanks for the bookmarklet

Deleting from Media Library is fine, but biggest amount of files I want to delete are not there, they are 'Personal Documents'.
Grishnak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 05:00 AM   #6
Mixx
Zealot
Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3
Cieplok,

this booklet is extremely helpful, thanks a million!

Cheers, Mixx
Mixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:35 PM   #7
Zdenda
Zdenda began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Does bookmarklet works now?

Hi, I was not successful with the bookmarklet (IE, Chrome).
Maybe something has happened (code was changed?) on Amazon.com web.
Do you have same experience, or does it work for you?
Zdenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:38 AM   #8
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zdenda View Post
Hi, I was not successful with the bookmarklet (IE, Chrome).
Maybe something has happened (code was changed?) on Amazon.com web.
Do you have same experience, or does it work for you?
Before using you should choose Personal Documents from the left column.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:42 PM   #9
electromikey
electromikey began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 700
Thank for this, I get personal documents mailed to me daily so it's such a hassle trying to delete them one by one when I don't need them anymore.

One thing though, it took me a while getting this to work in chrome, because whenever I pasted the link into the address bar it was deleting the 'javascript:' bit at the beginning. Once I manually typed this in it all worked perfectly
electromikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 11:07 PM   #10
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by electromikey View Post
One thing though...
then use a bookmarklet
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 03:09 AM   #11
electromikey
electromikey began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
then use a bookmarklet
Yes the bookmarklet works as well, but one of the posters said you could just paste the link in the address bar. I had no idea what a bookmark let was at first so I guess this ones for the noobs.
electromikey is offline   Reply With Quote