Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-17-2018, 10:20 AM   #1
therourke
therourke began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Angry Sending epubs wirelessly??

I just bought a Clara HD. I changed from Kindle because of Pocket integration and epub support.

BUT

I am just realising that there is no equivalent of Kindle's 'send via email' feature. I am gutted. I don't want to plug my device in to a PC everytime I want to use it. I also thought that adding epubs to the Kobo app on my phone might sync them to the device, but this doesn't work either.

I found the KoboCloud app, which should sync with a Dropbox folder (this would be PERFECT) but it doesn't seem to work anymore and hasn't been updated in 3 years.

What is the solution?? Am I missing something easy? Or a hack?
therourke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 11:55 AM   #2
therourke

So, I found out I can open my Gmail in the browser and potentially download files from there. Are there any other current working methods?

Thanks
Advert
Old 07-17-2018, 05:45 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
See my response in the other thread you posted your query in. You might want to check the calibre-server subforum in the calibre forum.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 07:23 PM   #4
JohhnyMix
Connoisseur
JohhnyMix began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O V2
you can use the server option in calibre or send them to your cloud server and then open that in the browser and download them
JohhnyMix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 08:01 PM   #5
therourke

I don't want to use calibre, or a pc at all if I can help it. Just my android phone and a 4G connection - maybe turning my phone into a WiFi hotspot if I need to.

I have tried Dropbox and Google drive and OneDrive, but none of them work for downloads anymore.

Best option I found was Gmail, but this requires me to login every single time (and with two step verification this is even more annoying).

How is this so tricky?
Advert
Old 07-17-2018, 08:04 PM   #6
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
If Kobo had offered a wireless delivery option, I would have stuck with them. I love the ease of wireless delivery for my Kindle.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 10:34 AM   #7
Lady Stardust
User
Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iphone, Kindle 3, PW1/2/3, KOA1/2/3, Aura HD/One/, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by therourke View Post
I just bought a Clara HD. I changed from Kindle because of Pocket integration and epub support.

BUT

I am just realising that there is no equivalent of Kindle's 'send via email' feature. I am gutted. I don't want to plug my device in to a PC everytime I want to use it. I also thought that adding epubs to the Kobo app on my phone might sync them to the device, but this doesn't work either.

I found the KoboCloud app, which should sync with a Dropbox folder (this would be PERFECT) but it doesn't seem to work anymore and hasn't been updated in 3 years.

What is the solution?? Am I missing something easy? Or a hack?
Completely unrelated to your question, but if you don't mind me asking, why did you want epub support?

In my case, I liked how epubs looked on Mac, I heard a lot at the time of Kindle not offering epub support, so I bought my first Kobo (HD).
Then I realised that epub looked awful (to me) on Kobo, so I kept reading kepubs on Kobo (including Aura One which I use now).
But as a reader, I don't see any difference between Kindle Oasis azw3 files or Kobo Aura One kepub files, except the obvious difference in screen size (Kobo Aura One is bigger and to me nicer at home), comfort light for reading at night (Aura One has it, Kindle Oasis doesn't), highlights, exporting highlights, ease of reaching and reading footnotes and dictionary (Kindle Oasis superior in any of these), all of which have nothing to do with azw3, kepub or epub.

So, why epub support?
Lady Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 11:08 AM   #8
patrik
Guru
patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Hmm, getting files wireless is not that hard (use ssh/telnet/ftp), but how do you trigger nickel to re-read new books? (Unless you use koreader of course.)
patrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 01:54 AM   #9
mylesau
Enthusiast
mylesau began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
therourke - you could run a basic http (web) server on your android phone and then use the browser on the Clara to access the epub/kepub/pdf files. An example http server is below:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...on.http.server

There are many others. I occasionally use the chrome extension:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...jpcbhemlocgigb

to do the same from a chromebook.
mylesau is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clara, cloud, email, wifi, wireless sync