Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-03-2018, 07:21 AM   #616
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Hence the KA1 LE and the Amazon Paperwhite and Oasis 2 models with 32GB of memory.
Non-removable memory.

On Clara HD can be put and 256 GB. Everything is in your hands.

Truth to read manga and pdf on 6 " as something not well

Last edited by Semwize; 07-03-2018 at 07:24 AM.
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 11:27 AM   #617
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
Non-removable memory.

On Clara HD can be put and 256 GB. Everything is in your hands.

Truth to read manga and pdf on 6 " as something not well
At 6" 300 ppi, manga's actually quite decent. Of course, I'm someone who reads manga in doublepage landscape on 9.7" iPads. Single page portrait on 6" is around the same size.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2018, 03:42 PM   #618
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Sorry that's not the topic, but here's the question. H2O Edition 2 (v.1 v and.2) what sensor, capacitive or infrared? I think, what model is to choose.
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 07:55 PM   #619
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Sorry that's not the topic, but here's the question. H2O Edition 2 (v.1 v and.2) what sensor, capacitive or infrared? I think, what model is to choose.
The H2O Edition 2 uses capacitive touch.

And if it isn't the topic, why post in this thread? Start another thread or do a search as it has been discussed.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 01:16 AM   #620
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
The difference between the two variants is the processor, the display and touch sensor are identical.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2018, 12:40 PM   #621
TheBard
Bifocal Wearer
TheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Kobo Touch, Aura, Clara ...
Just upgraded my Clara to Firmware 4.9.11311 (6/28/18). It was supposed to fix the "out of order" display of epubs on the home screen. I thought "date order" meant "date last accessed" or "date read". However, it MIGHT mean "date of upload" or "date of file".

From the Release Notes page:
• Fixed: Sideloaded books were not always presented in the correct date order (including in My Books, Home, Sleep, and Power off views).

I guess I am confused.
Would like to see the cover of the currently reading book when powering off or sleeping. Instead, it shows the leftmost book in "my books", even though that is not the last read.
Maybe the "date order" means something else?
Any clues?

Thanks!
TheBard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 01:15 PM   #622
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
The "out of order" display was due to an incorrect(ly interpreted) format in the SyncTime/Date Added.

Did you sideload the left most book before or after updating your device?

If before, have you tried removing and re-sideloading the anchored book? You can also manually remove the book from the home screen (tap-hold, remove, remove from home screen [or similar words with the same meaning]). That will fix the visible part of the issue, but not the date format issue.

By the way, the left most book is supposed to be the one that gets its cover shown in sleep mode. It's just, the most recently read book should be promoted to the left most position (because of the most recent date change).
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 08:41 PM   #623
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
The "out of order" display was due to an incorrect(ly interpreted) format in the SyncTime/Date Added.

Did you sideload the left most book before or after updating your device?

If before, have you tried removing and re-sideloading the anchored book? You can also manually remove the book from the home screen (tap-hold, remove, remove from home screen [or similar words with the same meaning]). That will fix the visible part of the issue, but not the date format issue.

By the way, the left most book is supposed to be the one that gets its cover shown in sleep mode. It's just, the most recently read book should be promoted to the left most position (because of the most recent date change).
Sorry, I should have said, but this fixes the cause of the problem. The problem was caused by an error when the books are imported. Books already on the device with the problem will still suffer from it.

To fix it for the books already on the device, either remove them and add them again, or if you are a calibre user, use the metadata update function of my Kobo Utilities plugin to fix the date. Otherwise, if you have any SQL skills, you can fix them yourself.
Old 07-06-2018, 11:44 PM   #624
TheBard
Bifocal Wearer
TheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Kobo Touch, Aura, Clara ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Sorry, I should have said, but this fixes the cause of the problem. The problem was caused by an error when the books are imported. Books already on the device with the problem will still suffer from it.

To fix it for the books already on the device, either remove them and add them again, or if you are a calibre user, use the metadata update function of my Kobo Utilities plugin to fix the date. Otherwise, if you have any SQL skills, you can fix them yourself.
Thank you, davidfor! Yes, the upgrade was done AFTER I sideloaded the books, so will follow your instructions to fix the problem.
TheBard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 12:27 PM   #625
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Third (and last) impression…
So this is not a fourth impression... just a general appreciation of the reading experience on the Clara HD.

Previously I had no preference between reading books on paper or on an ereader (Glo)... until now. With the Clara's speed and kind-to-the-eye frontlight an its light weight I really don't see any advantages to paper books any more. I've even found myself contacting publishers to request ebooks of the newest paperbacks I recently purchased (that are outside their return period).

Of course this appreciation is probably not Clara-specific, but for me it was the first device with enough superiority over the Glo to spend money on an upgrade.

Me happy.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 02:47 PM   #626
Lima7
Connoisseur
Lima7 composes epic poetry in binary.Lima7 composes epic poetry in binary.Lima7 composes epic poetry in binary.Lima7 composes epic poetry in binary.Lima7 composes epic poetry in binary.Lima7 composes epic poetry in binary.Lima7 composes epic poetry in binary.Lima7 composes epic poetry in binary.Lima7 composes epic poetry in binary.Lima7 composes epic poetry in binary.Lima7 composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: Aura
Does anyone know which colour is the inside of the blue sleep cover? The red one is purple inside and it doesn't mention that on the website / or show it. As for the blue one?
Lima7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 03:14 PM   #627
Ansl
Enthusiast
Ansl , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ansl , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ansl , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ansl , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ansl , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ansl , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ansl , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ansl , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ansl , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ansl , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ansl , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo H2O2v1
Quote:
With the Clara's speed and kind-to-the-eye frontlight an its light weight I really don't see any advantages to paper books any more. I've even found myself contacting publishers to request ebooks of the newest paperbacks I recently purchased (that are outside their return period).
That's wonderful! Paper book do tend to feel cumbersome when you get used to a light (and lighted!) device... though I do still occasionally splurge on them if they're really nicely produced. The Clara I recently ordered has also found a very happy owner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lima7 View Post
Does anyone know which colour is the inside of the blue sleep cover? The red one is purple inside and it doesn't mention that on the website / or show it. As for the blue one?
Looks black or dark gray to me.
Ansl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 03:25 PM   #628
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lima7 View Post
I've got the blue one. It's dark grey on the inside.
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 04:16 PM   #629
Lima7
Connoisseur
Lima7 composes epic poetry in binary.Lima7 composes epic poetry in binary.Lima7 composes epic poetry in binary.Lima7 composes epic poetry in binary.Lima7 composes epic poetry in binary.Lima7 composes epic poetry in binary.Lima7 composes epic poetry in binary.Lima7 composes epic poetry in binary.Lima7 composes epic poetry in binary.Lima7 composes epic poetry in binary.Lima7 composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: Aura
Thanks to you two! Decided on the red one in the end.
Lima7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 09:15 PM   #630
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Clara HD available in Australia

It looks like the Clara HD has been released in Australia. I have an email from Kobo about it, but I also saw it on the Kobo and JB HiFi site last night. The price is $179.95AUD and appears to be in most JB HiFi stores. Or at least a lot more than the Aura ONE was.