Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-23-2014, 04:48 AM   #46
Irina U.
Irina U. began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo N613
Thanks Ruud! Can you convert the second BGL file from this list? http://www.babylon.com/free-dictiona...guages/arabic/

I tried to attach it to the message, but didn't succeed.
Irina U. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 09:56 AM   #47
rmreader
rmreader began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Hi Irina,

Here it is. It's actually quite simple once you have startdict-editor and penelope working.

Kind regards,
Ruud
Attached Files
File Type: zip dicthtml-en-ar.zip (6.05 MB, 4195 views)
rmreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2014, 10:58 AM   #48
rmreader

Hi Ettore,

I found the dictionaries at http://www.babylon.com/free-dictionaries/ and converted them.
Please report back if they work, so they can be added to the list.

Kind regards,
Ruud
Attached Files
File Type: zip dicthtml-de-it.zip (478.0 KB, 1570 views)
File Type: zip dicthtml-it-de.zip (1.93 MB, 2221 views)
Old 12-05-2014, 12:08 PM   #49
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Does anyone know how easy it is to convert a Kindle format dictionary?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 08:53 AM   #50
Teom@n
Enthusiast
Teom@n began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra H2O
I couldn't find any French-Turkish dictionary for kobo or other mobile platforms. So is it possible to make French-Turkish dictionary for Kobo? There are English-French/French-English and English-Turkish/Turkish-English dictionaries. Is it possible to use this dictionaries to create French-Turkish?

And how could I use penelope on Windows 8 to convert Stardicts to Kobo? Is there any step by step guide? I found on this forum but I couldn't be successful.
Teom@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2014, 09:23 AM   #51
rmreader

Hi Teom@n,

The way I converted files from http://www.babylon.com/free-dictionaries/ is using stardict-editor and penelope. I'm on linux, but I there is probably a Windows version too. You need to get a terminal window. Check the site if there are dictionaries (.BGL) that you can use and download them. Then:

stardict-editor
#An editor will be opened where you need to browse and select you .BGL file(Babylon Dictionary)
#In the bottom of the opened application you select BGL file and click on Build button
#It will create a file with an extension .babylon.
#Next browse and select this file
#In the bottom of the opened application you select Babylon file and click on Build button
#That's it. It will create 3 files (.dict.dz, .idx, .ifo) in the current directory
# Now use penelope to convert to kobo format
# <from> and <to> are 2-letter language codes
python <directory of penelope>\penelope.py -p <idx name without extension> -f <from> -t <to> --output-kobo

Hope this helps.
Old 12-12-2014, 01:58 AM   #52
123kajote
123kajote began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 600, Kobo Aura H2O
a question...
how to include a dictionary that's not "native"... a language that's not allready on KOBO.... I have overrided one of languages that were installed, rename my language to that overrided one,... and everything worked OK..... until, through Wifi, KOBO in one of his updates replaced that file with newer file of primary language....
So how to install "foreign one" for permanent?
Thanks, J
123kajote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 02:27 AM   #53
Teom@n
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmreader View Post
Hi Teom@n,

The way I converted files from http://www.babylon.com/free-dictionaries/ is using stardict-editor and penelope. I'm on linux, but I there is probably a Windows version too. You need to get a terminal window. Check the site if there are dictionaries (.BGL) that you can use and download them. Then:

stardict-editor
#An editor will be opened where you need to browse and select you .BGL file(Babylon Dictionary)
#In the bottom of the opened application you select BGL file and click on Build button
#It will create a file with an extension .babylon.
#Next browse and select this file
#In the bottom of the opened application you select Babylon file and click on Build button
#That's it. It will create 3 files (.dict.dz, .idx, .ifo) in the current directory
# Now use penelope to convert to kobo format
# <from> and <to> are 2-letter language codes
python <directory of penelope>\penelope.py -p <idx name without extension> -f <from> -t <to> --output-kobo

Hope this helps.
Dear rmreader,

I downloaded and converted babylon fr-tr dicts with a few errors. But I cannot convert them with penelope. My steps are;
I put in my converted dicts(fr-tr.dict.fr-tr.idx,etc) to penelope folder
I can start cmd windows from penelope folder(shift+right click)
I write cmd like this:
"C:\temp\penelope>penelope.py -p fr-tr -f fr -t tr --output-kobo"
Hit enter

But there is no any error or messages.

Just windows store opens to ask .py apps

Where I make a mistakes? Please show me the way.
Old 12-12-2014, 07:19 AM   #54
embryo
Fanatic
embryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kobo Glo, GloHD
You have to install Python first.
embryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 08:52 AM   #55
Teom@n
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by embryo View Post
You have to install Python first.
I installed phyton 2.7 before these steps.
Old 12-12-2014, 10:41 AM   #56
embryo
Fanatic
embryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teom@n View Post
I installed phyton 2.7 before these steps.
Then you have to write it in the command like rmreader said:
Code:
Old 12-12-2014, 11:15 AM   #57
Teom@n
Enthusiast

Quote:
Then you have to write it in the command like rmreader said:
Code:
My steps were;

I downloaded and converted babylon fr-tr dicts with a few errors. But I cannot convert them with penelope.

-I put in my converted dicts(fr-tr.dict.fr-tr.idx,etc) to penelope folder
-I start console from penelope folder(shift+right click)
-I write cmd like this:

C:\temp\penelope>"penelope.py -p fr-tr -f fr -t tr --output-kobo"

Hit enter
Old 12-12-2014, 12:11 PM   #58
embryo
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teom@n View Post
My steps were;

I downloaded and converted babylon fr-tr dicts with a few errors. But I cannot convert them with penelope.

-I put in my converted dicts(fr-tr.dict.fr-tr.idx,etc) to penelope folder
-I start console from penelope folder(shift+right click)
-I write cmd like this:

C:\temp\penelope>"penelope.py -p fr-tr -f fr -t tr --output-kobo"

Hit enter
C:\temp\penelope>python penelope.py -p fr-tr -f fr -t tr --output-kobo
...if fr-tr is the name of your files
Old 12-12-2014, 01:24 PM   #59
Teom@n
Enthusiast

Quote:
C:\temp\penelope>python penelope.py -p fr-tr -f fr -t tr --output-kobo
...if fr-tr is the name of your files

[Image violates posting guidelines for size - MODERATOR]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 01-30-2015 at 11:16 AM.
Old 12-12-2014, 04:26 PM   #60
embryo
Fanatic

Yeap!

Tags
kobo dictionaries