Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-03-2018, 09:15 AM   #2686
yipman54
yipman54 began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle Oasis
Hi all, I just bought a refurbished(?) kindle oasis from china website. It is wifi + 3G model.
I try to jailbreak and install hotfix, but popup message show “Update Error”. And the serial number not on the list. Decice SN prefix is G0B0GT, can anyone help? Thanks and sorry for my poor english.
yipman54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 11:36 AM   #2687
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@yipman54: I'll add support for this variant later today, thanks!
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2018, 11:43 AM   #2688
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by surenotsure View Post
BOD422

oh, and I'm on 5.4.3.2
The model: B0D4 is in the table (PW2), all packages should support it.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 12:05 PM   #2689
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@yipman54: Snapshots & hotfix updated .
Old 07-19-2018, 04:34 AM   #2690
bopuc
livin' with ebooks
bopuc is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.bopuc is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.bopuc is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.bopuc is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.bopuc is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.bopuc is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.bopuc is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.bopuc is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.bopuc is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.bopuc is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.bopuc is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.

Location: Berlin (DE), winters in Aomori (JP), from Montréal (CA)
Device: Libra2, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@yipman54: Snapshots & hotfix updated .
Snapshots list (for K5 JB) lists "kindle-jailbreak-1.15.N-r15037.tar.xz",
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=225030

but clicking through to "K5 JB" (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=186645) I find "kindle-jailbreak-1.14.N.zip" is still linked as the attachment.

Man o man message boards are not made for this kind of thing heh. So confusing. Gotta read hundreds of posts and threads to get what's what… and then yer still lost in the mess. That's why folks like NiLuGe are constantly having to field queries. :\
bopuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2018, 08:53 AM   #2691
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, that does happen if you use the link in the section of the first post dated 2015.
You overslept, it is now 2018.

You can find the snapshots here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=225030
Right where they have been since 2013.

In this case, all you had to do was read the single post, directly above yours, and follow the link to the snapshots.
Old 07-19-2018, 11:10 AM   #2692
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@bopuc: And? The snapshots are newer, that's kind of why they're called "snapshots" ^^. It's explained in literally the first sentence of the thread.

Pushing new releases to MR is more work than updating snapshots, so snapshots > releases, plain & simple.

I link to the original threads because that just makes sense, because that's where the doc & support is (note: the doc itself is also found in the tarball).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 07-19-2018 at 11:14 AM.
Old 07-29-2018, 04:19 PM   #2693
RugaL
RugaL began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch N905B
Hello to everybody!

I have a B024 Kindle Paperwhite (1st gen) with 5.2.0 firmware, bought several years ago from Aliexpress (so I think it's Amazon banned).
It works perfectly, but I searched if an update was available and I found this forum and the capability for the Jailbreak on it.

What would you do with it? Update with the official firmware and Jailbreak after? What improvements have the JB in this device?

Thanks for all!

For more info, mine is a B024, it the serial number has all its numbers in 0.

Last edited by RugaL; 07-29-2018 at 04:26 PM.
RugaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 05:59 PM   #2694
knc1
Going Viral

Jail break it first, before updating the firmware to 5.6.1.1
Old 07-31-2018, 03:40 PM   #2695
RugaL
RugaL began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch N905B
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Jail break it first, before updating the firmware to 5.6.1.1
Thanks knc1!

And after jailbroken, what official update have I to apply, the lattest (5.6.6.1)? Will still have the JB after the update?

Thanks!

Last edited by RugaL; 07-31-2018 at 03:51 PM.
RugaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 04:30 PM   #2696
knc1
Going Viral

Please re-read the sentence you quoted.
Old 08-07-2018, 03:17 AM   #2697
jorgemtrevino
jorgemtrevino began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy SII
KPW 3d gen with FW 5.9.6.1, Jailbreak?

I want to jailbreak my paperwhite 3d generation that is currently updated to 5.9.6.1 (3314460001).
Do I need to downgrade, and if so to which FW?
Once done, which JB and from where?
Once jailbroken is done, do I need to keep the Kindle from updating or is there a solution?
I've rooted a pair of Android phones in the past (not my present one, afraid to brick it). This is my first attempt with a Kindle, tho.
Huge thanks in advance for any feedback and help.
jorgemtrevino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 11:57 AM   #2698
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@jorgemtrevino: 5.9 > 5.8, too late.
Old 08-07-2018, 12:17 PM   #2699
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgemtrevino View Post
I want to jailbreak my paperwhite 3d generation that is currently updated to 5.9.6.1 (3314460001).
Do I need to downgrade, and if so to which FW?
Once done, which JB and from where?
Once jailbroken is done, do I need to keep the Kindle from updating or is there a solution?
I've rooted a pair of Android phones in the past (not my present one, afraid to brick it). This is my first attempt with a Kindle, tho.
Huge thanks in advance for any feedback and help.
Sorry, only serial jailbreak at that software level.

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 01:54 PM   #2700
jorgemtrevino
jorgemtrevino began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy SII
Dave,
Care to elaborate on <<serial jailbreak>>?
Also, please, can I downgrade the firmware if I download it from Amazon or elsewhere? I downloaded update_kindle_5.3.5.bin. If I apply it will it work or do I risk bricking my Kindle?
TIA,
Jorge.

PS, main reason for wanting to JB my Kindle would be adding capability to read .EPUB directly, without needing to go the Calibre way, tho there's nothing wrong with that. I've been using it since I got my 1st Kindle 3 for Xmas more than a decade ago.

Last edited by jorgemtrevino; 08-07-2018 at 01:59 PM.
jorgemtrevino is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5.1.0, 5.2.0, jailbreak, kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, touch