Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Sunrise

Notices

Old 06-19-2006, 05:17 AM   #1
supershare
supershare began at the beginning.

Device: Clie NX 73 V/E, Palm T|X
Sunrise eating lots of RAM???

Hi,

I have some really huge channels in sunrise... In Plucker while the same channels were processed the Ram usage of Plucker got up to 800 MB.
No Problem so far. After the channel was updated the Ram Usage of plucker got down so some MBs.

Parsing the same channel in Sunrise gives me the same Ram Usage while parsing the Channel. But after the Parsing is completed the ram Usage doesn't decrease...

Is it a Bug or what is the Reason for this Behaviour??

thx..

Jan
Old 06-19-2006, 06:49 AM   #2
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
This is due to heap fragmentation. Simply exit and restart the application to get rid of it. The reason Plucker desktop does free ram is because it launches an external process to do the conversion.
Advert
Old 06-19-2006, 07:27 AM   #3
supershare

the only problem I see is that I will have sunrise run continously. This allows me to have the up-to-date content available everytime I sync my PDA.

If I let Sunrise run, I'll have the whole memory used by sunrise even if I don't need it at the moment.

Is there any future option to get rid of this behaviour?

thank you for your quick response. I am really impressed by this forum and the People here.

Jan
Old 06-19-2006, 08:03 AM   #4
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

That's why there's the Windows Task Scheduler integration. Simply enable AutoUpdate and exit the application, then look in Control Panel -> Scheduled Tasks.
Old 06-19-2006, 11:05 AM   #5
supershare

alright. Very good...

thank you

Jan
Advert
Old 06-19-2006, 11:07 AM   #6
supershare

Another Problem: How can I move the Place where sunrise caches the webpages?
M c: drive is more or less full...
Is ist possible to move the place where sunrise stores its cache to somewhere else???

Jan
Old 06-19-2006, 11:13 AM   #7
Laurens
Jah Blessed

The download cache is shared with Internet Explorer (and other applications that use the Windows Internet functionality). See Control Panel -> Internet Options -> Temporary Files -> Settings.
Old 07-07-2006, 09:07 AM   #8
rmg2768
rmg2768 began at the beginning.

Device: Tapwave Zodiac 1
XP Task Scheduling

Laurens,
Using the Windows Task Scheduler is a great new feature - thanks!

One question - the task that Sunrise sets up is set to run every two minutes for 24 hours a day. I don't want my PC at work accessing the internet every 2 minutes - IT might complain. I assume this is to make sure that content from RSS feeds and other frequently-updated items get refreshed as soon as possible. However, most of my subscribed content is only updated on a daily basis.

Could there be a future preference added to Sunrise to change this interval? Or [harder], could it be modified to scan through all the feeds and run the scheduler only at the scheduled times for each feed (e.g. daily/hourly)?

Thanks
Old 07-07-2006, 10:02 AM   #9
Laurens
Jah Blessed

It already does this. The task is scheduled to occur at the first due date in the SXL. Just make sure your documents actually have a schedule.