Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 10-12-2020, 08:32 AM   #1
Feathers3
Feathers3 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite 2
Question Kindle and Calibre

Hi from Muizenberg in Cape Town.
This question was previously asked but I can't access it. Books are showing in Device Main Memory in Calibre but not on the kindle. I have tried All and Downloaded, as well as recent. I've restarted the kindle several times. I've tried re-sending to device but still no luck.
Feathers3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 08:37 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathers3 View Post
Hi from Muizenberg in Cape Town.
This question was previously asked but I can't access it. Books are showing in Device Main Memory in Calibre but not on the kindle. I have tried All and Downloaded, as well as recent. I've restarted the kindle several times. I've tried re-sending to device but still no luck.
You're probably looking at Books. Try looking at Documents instead.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2020, 08:42 AM   #3
Feathers3

I have done that.. No docs.
Old 10-12-2020, 08:44 AM   #4
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hmmm.... I assume you can read these books using the calibre book viewer? (i.e. they aren't DRMed)

Which Kindle is it? Which format are the books in calibre?
Old 10-12-2020, 08:59 AM   #5
Feathers3

Yes I am able to read it in Calibre, its in mobi format and I have a Paperwhite 2
Advert
Old 10-12-2020, 09:16 AM   #6
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Then I'm mystified, and let's hope someone comes along with another idea soon.
Old 10-12-2020, 09:19 AM   #7
Feathers3

Let's hope. I've been at this for hours now. Arrrrrg.
Thank you for trying.
Old 10-12-2020, 10:18 AM   #8
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Disconnect the Kindle from the computer and reboot it. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds, then wait while it reboots. See if the books are visible after the reboot.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 11:28 AM   #9
Feathers3

[I've tried that 5 times.
Old 10-12-2020, 03:09 PM   #10
Feathers3

I have managed to get the books onto the kindle. I dragged and dropped from Calibre to the device on my computer.