Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-23-2020, 08:39 AM   #121
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
I simply installed 4.23 over 5.3 on my Mac and it worked seemlessly .

The tools work perfectly too, so very happy now as at least my Mac is fine.

Thanks everyone for your help. very much appreciated. I've learnt my lesson now, no auto upgrading, check it all out first like an IOS update!

Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 05:22 PM   #122
OldLincoln
Zealot
OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OldLincoln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: FBReader
I too zombie upgraded to 5.1 and lost the preferred conversion. Uninstalled the 5.1 rebooted and installed 4.23 however the preferred conversion won't work. After fiddling with options, decided they are abouv my pay grade so left it alone. Today I found a happy as I did a page count and a few showed results. On those few only, I could covert. Feels like finding nickels on the sidewalk. Guessing those spefic books may not have DRM. Just passing along...
OldLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 05:34 PM   #123
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
So:

how do I actually remove the nonfunctional DeDRM? It's not showing up in the plugin manager but it keeps cluttering up some logs with "unable to load plugin" errors.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 06:23 PM   #124
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I don't know if it is Approved, but I just opened the config folder\plugins and deleted it (Calibre NOT running)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 06:51 PM   #125
capink
Wizard
capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
So:

how do I actually remove the nonfunctional DeDRM? It's not showing up in the plugin manager but it keeps cluttering up some logs with "unable to load plugin" errors.
Have you tried deleting from the command line:

Code:
calibre-customize -r "DeDRM"
To know the exact name to use you might need to first run:

Code:
calibre-customize -l
capink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 10:57 PM   #126
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Consider downloading the older version in 32 and the newer version in 64.

I have been on Calibre 4.2 32 for ages and always update the 64 version.

I have two icons and I just open up the version I want. I keep a special folder to swap out plugins that won't work on one version or another.

When I want to update the plugins for the newer version, I just use the update plugin feature. Keeping the trusted to work with the older version of Calibre plugins just sit in a folder that Calibre naturally points to when I load the plugin from file.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 02:31 AM   #127
John Hopper
Addict
John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Hopper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldLincoln View Post
I too zombie upgraded to 5.1 and lost the preferred conversion. Uninstalled the 5.1 rebooted and installed 4.23 however the preferred conversion won't work. After fiddling with options, decided they are abouv my pay grade so left it alone. Today I found a happy as I did a page count and a few showed results. On those few only, I could covert. Feels like finding nickels on the sidewalk. Guessing those spefic books may not have DRM. Just passing along...
You'll probably find that any books you put into Calibre 5.1 will need to be deleted and reinserted into 4.23 before De-DRM will work. Hope this works for you.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk
John Hopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 03:52 AM   #128
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hopper View Post
You'll probably find that any books you put into Calibre 5.1 will need to be deleted and reinserted into 4.23 before De-DRM will work. Hope this works for you.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk
That’s what I did, in fact I uninstalled the books added on 5.3 as soon as I knew there was an issue with them. Then when I reverted back to 4.23 I readded them and they converted fine.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 04:09 AM   #129
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I updated the original post with a slightly improved tutorial.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 10-24-2020 at 04:14 AM.
Old 10-24-2020, 04:52 AM   #130
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
I updated the original post with a slightly improved tutorial.
You did leave out something important. If you are installing 4.23 portable, copy the settings to the portable settings so you have the DeDRM plugin and all the keys for it plus all your other plugins and settings.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 10:50 AM   #131
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

I'll fix that.
Old 10-29-2020, 06:25 AM   #132
MadMopar
MadMopar began at the beginning.

Device: None
KFX-ZIP Format

I am trying to figure out how to DeDRM a book in the KFX-Zip format.

I have downgrade to Ver 4.23 64 bit from ver 5.

I have tried using the portable solution. No luck.

I haven't dealt with this format until now.

My kindle for PC was ver 1.24 for ages until today when I opened it and it did a force update to the new version. That was disabled in the setting.

I uninstalled Kindle and reloaded the old version, but now I've got the first book in this zip file and DeDRM doesn't work on it.

Any ideas.

Thanks
MadMopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 07:50 AM   #133
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Elipsa, Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8", Kindle Oasis 2
Did you redownload the book with 1.24? Then remove and re-add the book to calibre? If that doesn't do it, then seek further help at Apprentice Alf's blog or Apprentice Harper's GitHub.
lkmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 04:12 PM   #134
MadMopar
MadMopar began at the beginning.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmiller View Post
Did you redownload the book with 1.24? Then remove and re-add the book to calibre? If that doesn't do it, then seek further help at Apprentice Alf's blog or Apprentice Harper's GitHub.
I have deleted and re-downloaded it. No luck there either.
MadMopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 08:28 AM   #135
Bookstooge
Guru
Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 1st Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMopar View Post
I have deleted and re-downloaded it. No luck there either.
Did you use 1.24 to redownload it? if so, what format was it in?
Bookstooge is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dedrm