Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-10-2020, 02:10 PM   #136
xiaoyu_sigil1010
xiaoyu_sigil1010 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
How do I import multiple docx files?
xiaoyu_sigil1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 02:30 PM   #137
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by xiaoyu_sigil1010 View Post
How do I import multiple docx files?
You don't. This plugin takes one docx file and makes an epub out of it.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 03:53 AM   #138
dcsj
dcsj began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hi, I asked you a question a few months back and am back with another one. I've been working on a massive file, getting it ready for import into Sigil. It's about 200 pages in Word.

So I ran your plugin and everything did what it was supposed to do, but I ran into one that puzzles me. With such a big file, Sigil slows to a crawl. I think that if I broke the file up into sections, it would behave better. Do you have any suggestions on that? That is, are there other plugins that might be able to combine Sigil files somehow? Or any special tags I could put in to break the file up automatically? (I don't think you want to do that one, but thought I'd ask anyway.)

Anyway, thanks for your earlier help, got me on the right track with this. Learning as I go.
dcsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 09:35 AM   #139
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sigil has its own built-in file-splitting feature. Your best bet would probably be to use Find and Replace to insert the sigil split markers where your new chapters begin, and then use Split at Markers.

If you're using a custom style map with docximport, you can also map a particular docx element to the sigil split marker directly. I believe I have an example of this in the samples attached to the first post of this thread. Then you would just need to run Split at Markers after import.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 10-26-2020 at 09:39 AM.
Old 10-26-2020, 10:01 AM   #140
KevinH
Wizard
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Could these files be one large file with only a few linebreaks? If so, running Mend on it might help speed Sigil up.
KevinH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 04:16 PM   #141
dcsj

Thanks, I'll try those tips and let you know how it works out.
Old 10-26-2020, 04:29 PM   #142
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

I use a horizontal line in the Word doc where chapter breaks should occur.

Then in the style map I use the following:
Code:
p.HorizontalLine => hr.sigil_split_marker
to map it to an hr tag with the css class "sigil_split_marker". That's what Sigil uses to mark places where the Split at Markers feature should do its work.
Old 10-28-2020, 05:48 PM   #143
dcsj

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I use a horizontal line in the Word doc where chapter breaks should occur.

Then in the style map I use the following:
Code:
p.HorizontalLine => hr.sigil_split_marker
to map it to an hr tag with the css class "sigil_split_marker". That's what Sigil uses to mark places where the Split at Markers feature should do its work.
I noticed that in your sample file. I tried it, but I think I must not have been inserting the horizontal line in a way that the converter recognized. However, I was able to insert a piece of text that I could search and replace with the hr split marker tag, so I got it to work that way.

My next question is this. I had several custom styles built, but the converter wouldn't recognize them. Here is one error result:
Message(type='warning', message='Did not understand this style mapping, so ignored it: p.Blockquote2=> blockquote2:fresh')
Blockquote2 is a style I created in Word, then also defined a style in the stylesheet called blockquote2.

I can't remember what the genius reason was for this variation on the normal Blockquote, but there must have been one! Anyway, I mention it just to get a better handle on what I am doing right and wrong with the importer. Thanks for your help!
Old 10-28-2020, 07:23 PM   #144
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

I think your custom styles are probably fine. But in your example, you don't seem to be mapping it to an html element; just a css class. Unless what you posted was a typo, your map should probably be something like:
Code:
p.Blockquote2 => p.blockquote2:fresh'
If that doesn't work, I occasionally have to use the alternative docx style-naming syntax (also shown in the samples)
Code:
p[style-name='Blockquote2']  => p.blockquote2:fresh
Or you could map it to a div (=> div.blockquote2:fresh) depending on your preference for coding/styling blockquotes in xhtml.

Just remember that both sides of each mapping needs an element. The right-hand side needs to be mapped to an html element. A css style class alone is not enough.