Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-01-2020, 08:02 PM   #1
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
What exactly are "Sort Levels"

Going through the tweaks trying to see if I can speed up Calibre, and I have always seen that reset the number of sort levels option, but have no clue what it is.

If I set if from 5 to 2 what would happen?
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 09:29 PM   #2
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Here's something I found on it:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=245

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
FYI, there's a Calibre tweak setting for maximum resort levels. I doubt this will be noticeable to most people, but it is there.

ID: maximum_resort_levels

Set the maximum number of sort 'levels' that calibre will use to resort the
library after certain operations such as searches or device insertion. Each
sort level adds a performance penalty. If the database is large (thousands of
books) the penalty might be noticeable. If you are not concerned about multi-
level sorts, and if you are seeing a slowdown, reduce the value of this tweak.
Code:
# Set the maximum number of sort 'levels'

maximum_resort_levels = 5
I also can't find the post now but I seem to remember reading elsewhere on here that it's something to do with sorting multiple columns, e.g. if you sort by title, then series, then author, it'll 'forget' the title sort if it's set to 2. But unfortunately my memory isn't too good so I might be wrong on this.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 12:12 AM   #3
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Thanks! BTW, it was because of the Tweaks that I was checking this out.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote