Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-23-2018, 09:39 PM   #16
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Do you have a local JB HiFi? They are listing stock of the Aura H2O2 at a lot of stores. And you should be able to have a play to decide if you like it.
They're listing stock for online orders today for me, too. And Click & Collect availability in all four of my closest shops.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 01:21 AM   #17
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
I gave my Aura ONE to my wife before Christmas to try. But, I also I never expected to get it back. At the moment I'm using an Aura H20 and waiting to see what Kobo release in April. (Note: this is a guess, I don't know if they will release something the first half of this year, but I am pretty sure they will.)

Do you have a local JB HiFi? They are listing stock of the Aura H2O2 at a lot of stores. And you should be able to have a play to decide if you like it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
They're listing stock for online orders today for me, too. And Click & Collect availability in all four of my closest shops.
My closest JB HiFi is Canberra (and since we're talking 100km away, any of the three Canberra stores are equally close), but none are showing a H2O in stock. So it would be an online purchase - which is what I had been expecting and why I've been watching the Kobo site rather than anywhere else (that's were I bought my Aura One). Anyway, thanks for the heads-up about JB HiFi. ... Now I just have to wonder about waiting until April to see if you're right, davidfor.

Quote:
Ugh. Whenever I pickup my Touch or Glo, the just feel so primitive. I don't know if I could read on them for any length of time.
I only got my Aura One last September. Being so new to the glitz and glamour of a new ereader makes it a little bit easier to go back.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2018, 06:15 AM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I have a couple of old Sony Readers (650 & T1). Going back to using them would be be not as good as reading with my H2O.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 06:17 AM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The H2O2 is showing as available at Kobo. So is the original H2O.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 06:36 PM   #20
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The H2O2 is showing as available at Kobo. So is the original H2O.
Both are still "Temporarily Out of Stock" from Kobo Australia.
Advert
Old 05-15-2018, 08:39 PM   #21
gmw
cacoethes scribendi

After a very long "temporarily out of stock", Kobo Australia are now selling H2O (2nd edition) again. And for $20 off the normal price!

And since the Clara isn't what I want, I've just ordered myself one of these new H2Os.
Old 05-17-2018, 08:08 AM   #22
JohhnyMix
Connoisseur
JohhnyMix began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O V2
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
After a very long "temporarily out of stock", Kobo Australia are now selling H2O (2nd edition) again. And for $20 off the normal price!

And since the Clara isn't what I want, I've just ordered myself one of these new H2Os.
Sweet, i am enjoying mine so congrats on your new buy I would just stay far away from the official cases because those are overpriced and horrible.
JohhnyMix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 08:17 AM   #23
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohhnyMix View Post
I would just stay far away from the official cases because those are overpriced and horrible.
Yep, the official cases are expensive. But, the cheap cases I bought from eBay my Glo HD and Aura H2O didn't hold up and were terrible. The official cases for these have worked much better.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 05:10 PM   #24
JohhnyMix
Connoisseur
JohhnyMix began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O V2
Quote:
Yep, the official cases are expensive. But, the cheap cases I bought from eBay my Glo HD and Aura H2O didn't hold up and were terrible. The official cases for these have worked much better.
Meh, the original case i bought for my h2o v2 had lots of wear on the corners after 2 days of use while my 6 euro cases from aliexpress are still fine.
JohhnyMix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 10:32 PM   #25
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohhnyMix View Post
Meh, the original case i bought for my h2o v2 had lots of wear on the corners after 2 days of use while my 6 euro cases from aliexpress are still fine.
The newish ebay cover I have for my H2O2 is falling apart. I've just ordered a Gecko Slimfit.
Old 05-17-2018, 11:27 PM   #26
gmw
cacoethes scribendi

While I am inclined to agree about the "over-priced" aspect of the Kobo covers (although compared some I've seen elsewhere, maybe not hugely overpriced), I do really like the Kobo cover I got for the Aura One and it seems to be holding up very well. I am a bit dubious about the fold-over bit of the Kobo H2O cover, but I had ordered one anyway and guess I will find out more when it arrives.

Meeera, I like the look of the Gecko Slimfit, I will be interested to hear what you think of it when it arrives.
Old 05-18-2018, 12:42 AM   #27
meeera
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Meeera, I like the look of the Gecko Slimfit, I will be interested to hear what you think of it when it arrives.
I've had two other Slimfits and really liked them. On one the corners split a little, and Gecko replaced it immediately when I sent a photo (with no need for me to pay postage to return it).

Good product, backed up by customer service.
Old 05-18-2018, 07:18 AM   #28
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
I've been as happy with my Fintie and Moko covers for my Kobos as I've been with their OEM covers which I think are absurdly overpriced. I will not pay a significant percentage of a device price for a cover. Also, the OEM cover for the Mini is terrible; bulky and oversized, it obviates the advantages of the device to a large extent. I wish I had looked for a better after market cover back when it was possible.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 08:21 AM   #29
gmw
cacoethes scribendi

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
I've had two other Slimfits and really liked them. On one the corners split a little, and Gecko replaced it immediately when I sent a photo (with no need for me to pay postage to return it).

Good product, backed up by customer service.
That's really good to know. That Slimfit cover looks like it works very much like the Kobo cover for the Aura One and I like that - so now I have an option if the H2O cover turns out to be a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I've been as happy with my Fintie and Moko covers for my Kobos as I've been with their OEM covers which I think are absurdly overpriced. I will not pay a significant percentage of a device price for a cover. Also, the OEM cover for the Mini is terrible; bulky and oversized, it obviates the advantages of the device to a large extent. I wish I had looked for a better after market cover back when it was possible.
Am I just not looking in the right place? The Fintie website shows nothing for Kobo, even with a search, and MokoDirect shows only a couple of pouches to a fit the 6" readers. Maybe they've both given up on Kobo.

I've only had two readers so far (third is on its way), with one OEM cover each. The Sony cover is only now starting to fall apart, so while $50 seemed excessive at the time, spread over 8 years it's not really that bad. I don't know if the Kobo covers will last that long ... I don't even know if the devices will.
Old 05-18-2018, 03:18 PM   #30
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Am I just not looking in the right place? The Fintie website shows nothing for Kobo, even with a search, and MokoDirect shows only a couple of pouches to a fit the 6" readers. Maybe they've both given up on Kobo.
I got a Moko cover for my Aura One just a month ago and Amazon US still shows them in stock, but I admit the Fintie cover for my H2O is much older and they could well have given up. The OEM cover for my Glo HD is at best only marginally nicer than both of these and not worth paying a premium, IMO.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote