Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-18-2020, 03:08 PM   #1
Scaledish
A friend
Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Tried to get PB chess

so, my kobo just came! after poking around a bit, I chose to get pbchess. it was going smoothly, got launcher.png, but then after I moved over the other files it froze and than updated. after the update... launcher.png still only opens a image, but now I have 12 pages of stuff for pb chess UI. somthing went wrong. what did I do? (assuming root folder is .kobo).
if I did something wrong, what? also, how can I delete all the stuff?
Scaledish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 03:34 PM   #2
Scaledish
A friend
Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scaledish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Got it working. IMAGE goes in root, REST GOES IN .kobo
Advert
Old 03-18-2020, 03:48 PM   #3
Scaledish
A friend

still, why does it restart my kobo
Old 03-18-2020, 04:20 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
It Could be that PB Chess is not compatible with 4.20.14622.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 04:28 PM   #5
Scaledish
A friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
It Could be that PB Chess is not compatible with 4.20.14622.
thanks for responding, got it working, however I have I even bigger problem. I am stuck in cool reader, i cant open a file because there are non. howdo i exit it?
Advert
Old 03-18-2020, 04:54 PM   #6
Scaledish
A friend

Got it all working again. thanks for the help. getting KSM next
Old 03-18-2020, 05:11 PM   #7
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Just curious as to why you are instantly going to miss / alternative readers. Why not just experience the device as sold and only after a bit try other options out?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 05:19 PM   #8
Scaledish
A friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Just curious as to why you are instantly going to miss / alternative readers. Why not just experience the device as sold and only after a bit try other options out?
I love messing with things. it's bad, I know. also, that way, I can get more freedom at the start to see the devices full potential. thanks to this mishap, I learned that nickel is a good os, and the one I will be sticking with. why not just get that out of the way

Tags
forma, kobo, kobo modding, pbchess