Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 10-24-2018, 11:29 AM   #1
datostar
Enthusiast
datostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura aboutdatostar has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch
MacOS Mojave Books App and Calibre

Apologies if this has already been reported on. I've been in the habit of transferring ebooks from Calibre to an iPad Mini (now my main eBook Reader) via WiFi and Calibre Companion. The books would then also be available for download to other IOS devices with iCloud sync. Tinkering around today with both Calibre and the Books App running on my iMac, I tried drag and drop from Calibre to the Books App Library Window. Success! The books copied over flawlessly and within a few minutes also appeared in the IOS Books App on the Mini for download from iCloud when I'm ready to read them. If necessary, they could then be air dropped or messaged to another Apple device on a different account or forwarded by email to get them on to a Kobo etc. This renders all the more complicated other transfer methods redundant for me and certainly beats the old iTunes.
datostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 04:42 PM   #2
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Wow, great find. Just tried it after reading your note and it worked like a champ. Way cool. Thanks!
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2018, 08:25 PM   #3
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
I think this has been a feature since Apple introduced iBooks on the Mac. Or am I missing something?
Anyway, glad people find stuff to get excited over!
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote