Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 04-21-2021, 12:58 PM   #46
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erwitt View Post
[*]I have tried to convert a book from the Kindle to the Libra and it has been a pain. First, I had a hard time removing the DRM. I downloaded the DeDRM plugin but it didn't work, and I had to do a lot of research until I found the solution. Then, I found that the resulting Epub didn't support the change of line spacing, so I had to convert it to Kepub. But the Kobo Touch Extended didn't work either and I had to download another plugin, the Kepub Outpub.
If you don't want to use kepub, I believe you could tweak your conversion parameters So you would be able to change line spacing.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 02:48 PM   #47
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
Quote:
[*]I have tried to convert a book from the Kindle to the Libra and it has been a pain. First, I had a hard time removing the DRM. I downloaded the DeDRM plugin but it didn't work, and I had to do a lot of research until I found the solution. Then, I found that the resulting Epub didn't support the change of line spacing, so I had to convert it to Kepub. But the Kobo Touch Extended didn't work either and I had to download another plugin, the Kepub Outpub.

I will continue with my tests and see how they go.
You could patch Your Kobo: among patches there are:

Force user line spacing in KePubs
Force user line spacing in ePubs (part 1 of 2)
Force user line spacing in ePubs (part 2 of 2)

Ad many others interesting patches.

See: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=337427

Last edited by ps67; 04-21-2021 at 02:52 PM.
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 02:51 PM   #48
Erwitt
Erwitt began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
For converting to Kepub, did you try and convert in Calibre?

With koboTouchExtended, you don't need to convert the ePub at all. Just tell Calibre to send the ePub to your Kobo and the conversion happens automatically in the background while it is sending. Calibre will only show ePub in your library. But on the Kobo it will be Kepub.
I tried and it didn't work until I installed Kepub Outpub plugin. But now I have tried again with another book and it works fine. Maybe it was something wrong with the first book, or I made some mistake.
Erwitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 02:52 PM   #49
Erwitt
Erwitt began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps67 View Post
You could patch Your Kobo: among patches there are:

Force user line spacing in KePubs
Force user line spacing in ePubs (part 1 of 2)
Force user line spacing in ePubs (part 2 of 2)

Ad many others interesting patches.

See: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=337427
Thank you! I will have take a look.
Erwitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 07:48 PM   #50
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
I tried and it didn't work until I installed Kepub Outpub plugin. But now I have tried again with another book and it works fine. Maybe it was something wrong with the first book, or I made some mistake.
It was one of those. When using the extended driver, it assumes the epubs are in good shape. And it isn't doing the full calibre conversion. If the transformation to epub fails, it usually means an error in the book. When using the output plugin, you are doing a conversion. It basically runs the conversion to epub and then applies the kepubification just like the extended driver does.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle oasis 3, kobo libra h2o