Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-16-2011, 08:47 PM   #1
JohnLogie13
JohnLogie13 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRST1
How to change the language from Spanish to English

Hello, I have read PRS T1 forum looking for a solution, none found, can anyone help please.

Brand new reader out of the box turned it on and ola, it is in Spanish, I do not speak spanish, so cannot read controls to find how to change to English. HELP

I downloaded 240 page pdf manual and no help.

Thanks John
JohnLogie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 09:17 PM   #2
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
On the home screen, click the arrow at the bottom to go to the second page of options (Pagina 2 de 2 is what it will say at the bottom). At the bottom of the second page, you'll see Sistema. Click the Configuracion icon. That will open up the System Settings Menu. Click the first item in the list which is "Configuracion general". Click the second item in the next list which is "Idioma del menu". Then you can select English. Hope that helps! And, welcome to MobileRead!

I remember one time I accidentally changed the language on my iPod to something foreign (maybe it was Asian?) and that was not fun to figure out how to get English back!
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 01:57 PM   #3
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
On the home screen, click the arrow at the bottom to go to the second page of options (Pagina 2 de 2 is what it will say at the bottom). At the bottom of the second page, you'll see Sistema. Click the Configuracion icon. That will open up the System Settings Menu. Click the first item in the list which is "Configuracion general". Click the second item in the next list which is "Idioma del menu". Then you can select English. Hope that helps! And, welcome to MobileRead!

I remember one time I accidentally changed the language on my iPod to something foreign (maybe it was Asian?) and that was not fun to figure out how to get English back!
At an audiobook forum elsewhere, a reader from an Anglophone country asked for help when her Sansa Clip powered up ... with an all-Chinese menu!
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 09:14 PM   #4
kiltannen
kiltannen began at the beginning.

Device: None yet - making up my mind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
On the home screen, click the arrow at the bottom to go to the second page of options (Pagina 2 de 2 is what it will say at the bottom). At the bottom of the second page, you'll see Sistema. Click the Configuracion icon. <snip>

THANK YOU!

This was just brilliant - Mine was somehow in Italian after I picked it up having not used it for about 3 years. Didn't realise it was Italian until I got to the page where it lists several different languages to select. I hurriedly ran back to the ease of English...
kiltannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 10:00 PM   #5
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiltannen View Post
THANK YOU!

This was just brilliant - Mine was somehow in Italian after I picked it up having not used it for about 3 years. Didn't realise it was Italian until I got to the page where it lists several different languages to select. I hurriedly ran back to the ease of English...
You're very welcome! Glad you were able to fix it!
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote