Device: Kindle PW3 (WIFI)
Kindle PW3 5.8.10 downgrade possible?

If it's possible, please link a tutorial,

Thanks.
Lofay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 06:21 PM   #2
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quick answer is not at the moment.
For a tutorial on what to do in the meantime click here.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...postcount=2287

At this time: it is looking like a long wait.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2017, 11:21 PM   #3
baalajimaestro
Expecto Patronum!
baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2(9017) 4GB, FW 5.7.4
Downgrade frm a JB-ed Kindle is possible.
But AFAIK it cannot be done on non-jb devices....

Why do you wanna downgrade?
baalajimaestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 05:35 PM   #4
Tendor
Tendor began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 7
I`ve upgraded to 5.8.10, but in my opinion the responsiveness and the performance of the device has dropped, when compared to 5.8.9.2 version. What are your impressions after the update?
Tendor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 06:31 PM   #5
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lofay View Post
If it's possible, please link a tutorial,

Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by baalajimaestro View Post
- - - -
Why do you wanna downgrade?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=267541
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2017, 02:47 PM   #6
rosemaryknits
rosemaryknits began at the beginning.

Device: paperwhite
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendor View Post
I`ve upgraded to 5.8.10, but in my opinion the responsiveness and the performance of the device has dropped, when compared to 5.8.9.2 version. What are your impressions after the update?
I agree, totally. My battery life has gone from one month to one week, and my paperwhite frequently seizes up where the touch screen no longer responds. This is so frustrating.
rosemaryknits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 08:09 AM   #7
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosemaryknits View Post
I agree, totally. My battery life has gone from one month to one week, and my paperwhite frequently seizes up where the touch screen no longer responds. This is so frustrating.
Have you reported it to Kindle customer service at Amazon?
What did they have to say?

(This site is completely independent of Amazon, telling us does nothing for getting one of their problems fixed.)

Last edited by knc1; 09-09-2017 at 08:11 AM.
Old 09-10-2017, 07:47 AM   #8
MoltenPlasma
MoltenPlasma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MoltenPlasma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MoltenPlasma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MoltenPlasma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MoltenPlasma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MoltenPlasma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MoltenPlasma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MoltenPlasma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MoltenPlasma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MoltenPlasma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MoltenPlasma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EZ Reader Pocket PRO
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosemaryknits View Post
Yeah it seems pretty bad. My KT3 seems to drain 5% a day on the screen saver. I may run a test and then downgrade to
5.8.9.2, test again and compare. Although I probably can't be bothered as it doesn't bother me that much
MoltenPlasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 08:37 AM   #9
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoltenPlasma View Post
Yeah it seems pretty bad. My KT3 seems to drain 5% a day on the screen saver.
I may run a test and then downgrade to 5.8.9.2, test again and compare.
Although I probably can't be bothered as it doesn't bother me that much
You are?
How do you intend to do that?
The downgrade to 5.8.9.2 that is.

Have you reported the problem to Kindle customer service at Amazon?
What was their reply?
Old 09-11-2017, 06:59 AM   #10
MoltenPlasma
MoltenPlasma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MoltenPlasma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MoltenPlasma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MoltenPlasma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MoltenPlasma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MoltenPlasma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MoltenPlasma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MoltenPlasma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MoltenPlasma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MoltenPlasma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MoltenPlasma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
You are?
How do you intend to do that?
The downgrade to 5.8.9.2 that is.
I thought you could downgrade once jail-broken.

Quote:
Have you reported the problem to Kindle customer service at Amazon?
What was their reply?
No, I doubt they'd care.
Old 09-11-2017, 08:59 AM   #11
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
I thought you could downgrade once jail-broken.
I read your prior posts before asking the question.
It seemed a reasonable question to ask.
Quote:
No, I doubt they'd care.
That is not the point, nor their job.
It is the usual route for customer complaints to reach someone who can do something about it.

This site has no connection to Amazon or the people who make their design decisions, Amazon's Kindle customer service does.
Old 09-12-2017, 07:09 AM   #12
MoltenPlasma

Quote:
That is not the point, nor their job.
It is the usual route for customer complaints to reach someone who can do something about it.

This site has no connection to Amazon or the people who make their design decisions, Amazon's Kindle customer service does.
I wasn't complaining; I was only agreeing with the other posters observations. Nor did I expect anybody on this forum could do anything about it.
Old 09-16-2017, 06:22 PM   #13
buggs
buggs began at the beginning.

Device: PW 1
Hi, guys.. Apologies If I am writing in a wrong thread or if my message may sound a bit lame...

So I have had PW 1 for a couple of years and it looks like I JB'ed it in the past, as I have Coolreader among the books and ** Jail break ** line appeared at some point during the reboot, after I have just upgraded the firmware to the latest one.. (version 5.6.1.1)

So basically after an upgrade, everything seems to be working apart from the fonts window which when clicked won't disappear and would remain on the screen (the fonts themselves can be changed and are changed when chosen, but the pop-up itself doesn't disappear/close and remains on the screen).

Anyway, (not sure if needed) but I have successfully uploaded and installed JailBreak-1.14.N-FW-5.x-hotfix.

Also I have just noticed that when I open a book for the second time it opens with a blank white screen. any book. So firstly after a reboot, everything seems to be working and then if you go to the Home menu and re=open the same book again it would be a blank screen.

Any ideas how to fix these issues?

Thanks..

Last edited by buggs; 09-16-2017 at 07:54 PM.
buggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 06:45 PM   #14
knc1
Going Viral

First things first.
You need to know and we need to know, what model Kindle you have.
(It can't be a PW1 as you mention, version 5.6.1.1 is the newest for the PW1).

Take the first six characters of the serial number and look up the proper nickname for you device in this table:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers

You can find the serial number on the "Device Info" panel under the "Settings" on your Kindle.
While looking at that same panel, make a note of what the actual firmware version is that is installed.

Include those two items of information in your next post.
They will determine what course of action to take, and what we can advise.
Old 09-17-2017, 04:06 AM   #15
buggs
buggs began at the beginning.

Device: PW 1
Yes thats right my kindle has B024 serial and it is PW 1 and my current firmware is 5.6.1.1. thanks

Last edited by buggs; 09-17-2017 at 04:12 AM.
buggs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5.8.10, downgrade, hacks, kindle, paperwhite 3