Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 07-06-2008, 09:02 PM   #16
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
When you have the cmd window open if you click on the upper left corner you get a menu which allows you to paste.
You can also copy from a cmd window... from that same upper left corner choose "Mark" I think it is... then use the mouse to select/highlite what you want to copy
Thanks. I was using a right mouse click and selecting paste from the pop-up menu to paste from another window. The menu this brings up also has the mark option, which I did not previously know how to use.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 06:39 PM   #17
Old Geezer
Old Geezer began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Leep:

Thanks for your mobi2mobi example showing how to change the title. Sadly however, I haven't been able to emulate etitameh and make the leap to --author.

I've downloaded "The Gentle Grafter by O Henry, but when I transfer it to the Kindle, the author's name doesn't show up. I'd like to fix that. Can someone give me an example of a command that will do this? I've tried everything I can think of.

Thanks
Old Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2008, 06:41 PM   #18
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Geezer View Post
Leep:

Thanks for your mobi2mobi example showing how to change the title. Sadly however, I haven't been able to emulate etitameh and make the leap to --author.

I've downloaded "The Gentle Grafter by O Henry, but when I transfer it to the Kindle, the author's name doesn't show up. I'd like to fix that. Can someone give me an example of a command that will do this? I've tried everything I can think of.

Thanks
Oh, cool......me too me too!!!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 06:52 PM   #19
Old Geezer
Old Geezer began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Naturally, after pleading for help, I figured out how to do it

I entered

mobi2mobi "The Gentle Grafter.prc " --outfile "The Gentle Grafter.prc" --author "O Henry"

and it worked!
Old Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 06:57 PM   #20
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Great. I"m STILL the only idiot on here.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert