Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 06-21-2010, 09:00 PM   #1
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
Power Button Stopped Working

Out of the blue my power button stopped working. Thought it might be a bug with the latest 15.2 so I did a reset and the button still isn't working. I had to turn off the setting where the keyboard automatically kicks in after five minutes because I couldn't use the device. I tried setting a keybind to the power button "double press on/off" and I set it to shutdown. But that didn't work either.

Might have to restore the configuration which should put it back to factory specs. Correct?

Anyone have a problem similar to this with any suggestions. I really don't want to send my PB360 back to be fixed or replaced. I don't think I could take it, I read way to much.

Help!
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 09:04 PM   #2
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Ok actually looks like there is a short in the button. Booooo!!!

If I press at the very right side of the button with my finger nail then the button works. But if I press with my finger it doesn't. If I press the middle with my finger or nail, nothing. If I press the left side of the button with my finger or nail, nothing.

Man I am bummed. Now I have to figure out how to return it to be repaired/replaced. And I will be without my reader for probably a week or two. God forbid three weeks. I am going to go make a myself a drink.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:33 PM   #3
Mickey330
Addict
Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis & the Kindle app on iDevices
Aw, man, Guns4Hire! All I can do is offer you sympathy!

Hang in there.

Marilyn
Mickey330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 02:11 AM   #4
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guns4Hire View Post
Might have to restore the configuration which should put it back to factory specs. Correct?
Make BACKUP first!
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 03:03 AM   #5
IndecisiveMe
Addict
IndecisiveMe doesn't litterIndecisiveMe doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony PRS-T1
Ouch! I hope you get it back quickly.
IndecisiveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 05:05 PM   #6
Ulli
(-:
Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.

Device: PocketBook 360°,302
Did you already tried a hardware-reset?

Try to power it on.
Press the Center and the lower Wing button.
Follow the advice.
Wait about 20mins.

If its a real hardware damage, this should be fixed with guarantee (as long you still have )

Last edited by Ulli; 06-26-2010 at 03:18 AM.
Ulli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 06:19 PM   #7
Schnitzelbrain
Groupie
Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulli View Post

Try to power it on.
Press the Center and the upper Wing button.
Follow the advice.
Wait about 20mins.

If its a real hardware damage, this should be fixed with guarantee (as long you still have )
LOWER large button NOT upper
Schnitzelbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 02:40 AM   #8
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulli View Post

Try to power it on.
Press the Center and the upper Wing button.
Follow the advice.
Wait about 20mins.

I am doing the hardware reset now. I thought it was the Center and Lower (least thats what I did) and it popped up what seems to be reset text. Told me to wait 10 min.
Old 06-25-2010, 04:04 AM   #9
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970

Well I think that did the trick. Power button seems normal and responsive. I am hoping it stays that way. I really don't want to send my ereader back. Would be a rough 2/3 weeks.

Anyway here is to hoping and praying to the book gods that this is fixed.
Old 06-25-2010, 04:22 AM   #10
IndecisiveMe
Addict
IndecisiveMe doesn't litterIndecisiveMe doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony PRS-T1
I hope so! I figured it was a loose spring or something under the power button from your first description about it working if you pushed it in a different place.

Good luck and hopefully it's fixed!
IndecisiveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 04:32 AM   #11
fearbless
fearbless began at the beginning.

Device: PB Basic 4 and PB Touch Lux 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guns4Hire View Post
I am doing the hardware reset now. I thought it was the Center and Lower (least thats what I did) and it popped up what seems to be reset text. Told me to wait 10 min.
Hello. I have the same problem with my mother's Pocketbook Basic 4. The start (the small white button below) does not include the book. After a lot of pressure he left. Turns on to load and the time is confused and does not remember the page. Has the factory reset pollinated things?
fearbless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 08:07 AM   #12
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
There's a very easy fix for these kind of things:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	glow2switch.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	137.1 KB
ID:	194384  
Renate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 09:06 AM   #13
fearbless
fearbless began at the beginning.

Device: PB Basic 4 and PB Touch Lux 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
There's a very easy fix for these kind of things:
How will the device start with this and isn't there too much glue? How will the device start with this and isn't there too much glue? How will this thing be placed when the original button is small. We tried it a few times and released the book, but not always.
fearbless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 10:35 AM   #14
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
I was trying to be funny.
My older devices are used mostly for regression and helping other people.
The power switch on the Nook Glow 2 was always a horrible design.
You could never tell if it was pressed which makes you press harder which eventually kills the switch.
I couldn't be bothered to try to make an inboard power switch. That microswitch was available.
Besides, that Glow 2 doesn't even have a battery, I run it off a 4V supply.
Renate is online now   Reply With Quote