Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Is chicken soup an abomination?
Yes 5 15.63%
Yes 8 25.00%
The blue one next to the fish 19 59.38%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-24-2010, 10:36 AM   #31
MJK2111
FUBAR!
MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 S
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvick View Post
So you're more basted than marinated? That's ok too.
Maybe a combination of both..."marinbasted"
MJK2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 11:01 AM   #32
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Only when made by my ex-mother-in-law.
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2010, 11:41 AM   #33
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJK2111 View Post
Maybe a combination of both..."marinbasted"
That just sounds perverted.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 03:02 PM   #34
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
No, chicken soup is the perfect food! Especially with homemade halushki noodles! YUM!
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 04:40 AM   #35
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthe View Post
No, chicken soup is the perfect food! Especially with homemade halushki noodles! YUM!
How could any chicken soup with cabbage in it be yum?
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2010, 12:10 AM   #36
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilHare View Post
How could any chicken soup with cabbage in it be yum?
No cabbage in it. Just the noodles, which are like little dumplings. We call the noodles halushki; the cabbage is called kapusta. So the recipe that's sometimes just labeled Halushki on the 'web, if it contains cabbage, is really Halushki Kapusta.

Most of the pictures of halushki on the 'web seem to be just egg noodles, not true halushki. No two halushki look alike if made the proper way.

You can also add a potato into the halushki batter, cook them up, and then serve them in browned (lightly salted, not sweet) butter with pot cheese (NOT cottage cheese). Double yum!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halu%C5%A1ky

Probably more than you ever wanted to know, right? LOL
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 12:49 AM   #37
Poppa1956
Evangelist
Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Verizon Ellipsis Tablit w/Kindle and Nook apps.
Meh! Chickeh soup is OK, it's sinkers for Matzah balls that are an abomination!
Poppa1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 07:55 AM   #38
SameOldStory
My True Self
SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
I remember hearing, back in the early '60s, one instance where in a Japanese prison camp during WWII, prisoners would go thru diarrhetic excrement looking for undigested rice.

I don't think that anything can be worse than that.

I read a stockman’s magazine article about cattle feed. Worse than Chickens.

When you get around to it, chicken is the perfect food. And, yes, I have been wondering what would happen if a couple of MR chickens suddenly disappeared. Not that I would, of course. Maybe.
SameOldStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 09:15 AM   #39
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
When you get around to it, chicken is the perfect food. And, yes, I have been wondering what would happen if a couple of MR chickens suddenly disappeared. Not that I would, of course. Maybe.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 12:36 PM   #40
SameOldStory
My True Self
SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ok, poohbear. I promise never to eat chicken again. Fingers crossed. Bet he don't see this one. He he he.

And I don't know how that word "Maybe" got put in there. It wasn't me, honest. I think that I have a gremlin in my keyboard.
Old 08-26-2010, 01:08 PM   #41
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOldStory View Post
Ok, poohbear. I promise never to eat chicken again. Fingers crossed. Bet he don't see this one. He he he.

And I don't know how that word "Maybe" got put in there. It wasn't me, honest. I think that I have a gremlin in my keyboard.
Chickens aren't colorblind! Your evil intentions are clearly visible!
Old 08-26-2010, 01:32 PM   #42
SameOldStory
My True Self

I'M INOCENT I TELL YOU!!!!!

I don't know how that got in there!

I bet one of the other moderators is jealous of you, and THEY are the ones putting those words there.
Soup or fried, THAT is the question. Maybe both?
Trust me. Why don't I have you and AprilHare over for dinner.
Old 08-26-2010, 01:37 PM   #43
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
I'M INOCENT I TELL YOU!!!!!

I don't know how that got in there!

I bet one of the other moderators is jealous of you, and THEY are the ones putting those words there.
Soup or fried, THAT is the question. Maybe both?
Trust me. Why don't I have you and AprilHare over for dinner.
Fiend! You'll neither soup nor fry us! I'll have to call in Baba Yaga and let her house trample you!

Old 08-26-2010, 01:50 PM   #44
SameOldStory
My True Self

I'm trying my best to be nice, and you threaten me? What Have I ever done to you? Yet

Please. You and AprilHare should come over for the barbecue. I'll have lots of corn just for you two.
Old 08-26-2010, 02:22 PM   #45
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
I'm trying my best to be nice, and you threaten me? What Have I ever done to you? Yet

Please. You and AprilHare should come over for the barbecue. I'll have lots of corn just for you two.
We'll be over with the house tonight! It eats a lot too! People mainly!