Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 10-31-2010, 10:55 PM   #61
kcmay
Addict
kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
Oct 31 on the west coast and it is listed at $2.99 on Amazon
The weird thing was that Amazon never adjusted the price, even though I'd changed it in DTP. It's like they decided to sell it at $2.99 no matter what I wanted. I kept waiting for the price to change, but it never did. :/

Edit: I'll leave the price at $0.99 on Smashwords until tomorrow morning so you can get the mobi (Kindle) format there if you'd like.

Last edited by kcmay; 10-31-2010 at 10:58 PM.
kcmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 10:59 PM   #62
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
Ah, ha. Well, I only created a smashwords account the other day for FREE "purchases" and am not sure I want my credit card in yet another place. I will keep checking.
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 09:41 AM   #63
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
With Smashwords, you can use Paypal, so no need to give them the CC info directly.
If you don't have Paypal, well tough luck. Without Smashwords you're missing out.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 09:57 AM   #64
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
If I find time today (stuff's happening) I will go over to Smashwords - I do have paypal.

Missed out - catch it the next time, if there is one.

Last edited by FF2; 11-01-2010 at 01:53 PM.
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 11:47 AM   #65
James_Wilde
Guru
James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iriver Story
Dunno what others have said about this book, but here's my 2c worth.

Our very own K C May has created a fantasy world of excitement, sufficiently different from the traditional to be interesting even to one for whom fantasy is not the stuff of life. The characters are well-drawn, the story holds you, and the book ends with at least me wishing for more.

KC is an American, and at first the occasional transatlantic idiom grates a bit, as one is used to these books having an air of Old English, rather than New American, but one quickly passes that stage, absorbed in the struggles of her creation.

Very well worth the (I think) $2.99 that it cost. Don't know if that was a special offer, but I think I'd recommend it up to $5.00.
James_Wilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 03:01 PM   #66
kcmay
Addict
kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you, James! I'm so glad you enjoyed the story. I'm glad you "got" the use of more American-style language. The more traditional fantasies are based on English culture and civilization, even if it's set in a made-up world. I didn't want to do that. Since the world was made up, I wanted the language to be more natural for present day readers. As I was writing the book, the idea that it would reach readers outside of North America didn't really occur to me!
Old 11-16-2010, 07:10 PM   #67
Exer
I see Russia!
Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Etch-A-Sketch
Just discovered your book (thanks to this thread) and finished reading it today. Loved every moment of it. It was refreshing to find a fantasy book that wasn't a thousand page brick devoted simply to world-building. The Kinshield Legacy seems much more character driven. It drew me into the tale at a gallop, letting me focus on the cast and their actions / motivations, rather than pages and pages of filler.

Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed my share of so-called "epic fantasy", but I really don't need to know exactly what material every rooftop is made out of, in every village that a character passes through. Nor do I always need to be told the color of the horse everyone is riding on, or what material shoe a lady has on, or the type of brocade stitching is on a cloak.

I'm glad to say I didn't get that description-overload sensation while reading this. It had just enough detail to let my mind fill in the rest without me feeling there was a lack, and the pace of the story was so quick -- it felt like everyone happened in a week -- that stopping to read about the color of shrubs would have felt just plain odd.

This is also the type of book that -- having reached the end -- I would have instantly bought the next installment and kept on reading, and that is perhaps the best compliment I can ever give an author about the book they've written.
Exer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 07:46 PM   #68
kcmay
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exer View Post
This is also the type of book that -- having reached the end -- I would have instantly bought the next installment and kept on reading, and that is perhaps the best compliment I can ever give an author about the book they've written.
I'm absolutely delighted that you enjoyed it so much! Readers like you really inspire me to get cracking on that sequel Thank you so much for giving it a try and for posting your experience here!

Old 11-21-2010, 09:37 AM   #69
kcmay
Addict

The Kinshield Legacy is the ebook of the day on Kindle Nation Daily.
Quote:
Read a free sample of our eBook of the Day, K.C. May's The Kinshield Legacy, without leaving your browser!
http://kindlehomepage.blogspot.com/2...of-day-kc.html
Old 12-01-2010, 02:13 PM   #70
kcmay
Addict

The Kinshield Legacy received a new 4-star review from Wulfstan, an Amazon top-500 reviewer! He begins by writing, "This book was one of the best First Books by a new author I have been privileged to read and review." I couldn't be more thrilled!
Old 12-08-2010, 11:59 AM   #71
kcmay
Addict

Kinshield received a new 5-star review on Amazon this week, plus a wonderful review at SFBOOK.com!

Old 12-25-2010, 05:58 PM   #72
kcmay
Addict

99 cent sale until New Year's!

Get The Kinshield Legacy for $0.99 at Amazon, B&N and Smashwords (coupon code LU39J) until 1/1/11!
Old 12-29-2010, 02:30 PM   #73
kcmay
Addict

Kinshield received a new 5-star review yesterday on Amazon!
http://www.amazon.com/review/R1CDPUMTPG6XFQ

It also received a 3-star review on this blog:
http://bluefairysbookshelf.blogspot....ld-legacy.html
Old 01-07-2011, 12:26 PM   #74
kcmay
Addict

The Kinshield Legacy was named one of the top four reads of 2010 today on DailyCheapReads.com by Mobileread's own Grace Krispy!

Thank you, Grace! You REALLY REALLY made my week!!
Old 01-07-2011, 02:28 PM   #75
thinkpad
David
thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, E.Edge (sold), Irex Iliad (retired)
Congratulations K.C. I hope you get lots of new readers
thinkpad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epic fantasy, fantasy ebooks, fantasy novels, sword and sorcery, women warriors