Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 01-08-2010, 09:32 PM   #1
Robert Williams
Connoisseur
Robert Williams rocks like Gibraltar!Robert Williams rocks like Gibraltar!Robert Williams rocks like Gibraltar!Robert Williams rocks like Gibraltar!Robert Williams rocks like Gibraltar!Robert Williams rocks like Gibraltar!Robert Williams rocks like Gibraltar!Robert Williams rocks like Gibraltar!Robert Williams rocks like Gibraltar!Robert Williams rocks like Gibraltar!Robert Williams rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle
Peculiar, MO - Sci-fi/horror novel, now on Smashwords!

At last, it is ready. My science fiction/horror novel, Peculiar,MO, is now available on Smashwords. It's rather like a cross between Stephen King and the X-files. Peculiar has nine reviews on Amazon, averaging four stars. Of all my books, this one has sold the most copies. Peculiar is actually a small town in my home state of Missouri, hence the title, Peculiar, MO. When I first published it, the town newspaper did an article on the book. The back cover description is below. I hope you'll check it out!

Welcome to Peculiar, MO. For most, life is good in this idyllic Midwestern town, until a falling star brings an unearthly menace. Soon animals are found dying of a mysterious disease. At night, beasts begin to cry out in voices that sound almost like words, as they are drawn to a burned clearing to serve an alien will.

Local widow Kelly Ross, who is struggling to make ends meet after the death of her husband, sends her young son into the forest on an errand, where he makes a frightening discovery.

Spencer Dale, the town's mechanic, whose past contains a painful secret, begins to experience strange dreams and visions, as he relives memories that are not his own.

Nine-year-old Rachel, a child of nature, becomes linked to an unspeakable crime that took place more than eighty years in the past, while a military operation moving inexorably towards the meteor's impact site makes its presence, and its plans, known.

All their lives are linked together as an alien life cycle reaches its terrifying climax.
Robert Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 10:36 PM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Congratulations! I added it to my cart for the next batch purchase (if cbell says your books are fantastic, then I know that I will like them).
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 11:12 PM   #3
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
Yay! Thank you, Robert (for the upload) and dreams (for the pointer)!

Ah, Peculiar, MO is the name of a town - I'm looking forward to reading this very much!
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 12:07 AM   #4
Robert Williams
Connoisseur
Robert Williams rocks like Gibraltar!Robert Williams rocks like Gibraltar!Robert Williams rocks like Gibraltar!Robert Williams rocks like Gibraltar!Robert Williams rocks like Gibraltar!Robert Williams rocks like Gibraltar!Robert Williams rocks like Gibraltar!Robert Williams rocks like Gibraltar!Robert Williams rocks like Gibraltar!Robert Williams rocks like Gibraltar!Robert Williams rocks like Gibraltar!

Thanks guys! I hope you enjoy the book.
Old 01-09-2010, 02:40 AM   #5
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Yes, I'll be reading this one... Having had an encounter with a couple of UFO's it should be interesting... The ones I encountered seemed merely curious, and I'm sure mine and the other 3 people's pictures are out there somewhere.
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 11:18 AM   #6
Robert Williams
Connoisseur

Lene, you should post links. I wouldn't mind seeing those pics.
Old 01-09-2010, 06:56 PM   #7
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
We didn't take pictures, but I'm sure they took pictures of us.
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 01:25 AM   #8
Robert Williams
Connoisseur

I'm very happy right now! Peculiar just got its 11th review on Amazon and it is five stars! Great news on which to end the day!
Old 01-22-2010, 03:56 AM   #9
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Congratulations, Robert! I'm still looking forward to reading Peculiar - it's next on my TBR list.

I loved Storms of Eternity, and I'm sure I'll enjoy this book, too.

(This is my 500th post, yay!)
Old 01-22-2010, 06:23 PM   #10
Robert Williams
Connoisseur

Thanks cbell! Hope you like it. I'm happy my thread got your 500th post!
Old 01-27-2010, 01:06 AM   #11
Robert Williams
Connoisseur

Just entered Peculiar, MO in Amazon's Breakthrough Novel 2010 contest. Wish me luck!
Old 01-27-2010, 06:45 PM   #12
cbell
Frenetic

I'm halfway through Peculiar MO and I'll never look at my cat the same again! I used to think cats were cute and cuddly.

This is a very good read and I want to go home now and keep reading. I'll post a review at Smashwords when I've finished.

It's very different to Storms of Eternity - lots more horror in Peculiar MO.

Good luck with the contest!
Old 01-27-2010, 06:48 PM   #13
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbell View Post
I'm halfway through Peculiar MO and I'll never look at my cat the same again! I used to think cats were cute and cuddly.

This is a very good read and I want to go home now and keep reading. I'll post a review at Smashwords when I've finished.

It's very different to Storms of Eternity - lots more horror in Peculiar MO.

Good luck with the contest!
I just added it to my cart, but your comment is making me nervous Especially since your kitten looks like mine!
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 09:17 PM   #14
Robert Williams
Connoisseur

Thanks guys! I actually have two cats myself. I love them, but I'm sure they would take over the world if they thought they could.

Those cats are based on a real place. When I was a kid, my friend had a neighbor who was an old lady with hundreds of stray cats living on her property. She eventually died, but the cats remained for a while. You could drive out to her place at night and see all their eyes shining in the grass. It was eerie, and it stuck with me, as you can tell.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:12 PM   #15
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Williams View Post
Thanks guys! I actually have two cats myself. I love them, but I'm sure they would take over the world if they thought they could.

Those cats are based on a real place. When I was a kid, my friend had a neighbor who was an old lady with hundreds of stray cats living on her property. She eventually died, but the cats remained for a while. You could drive out to her place at night and see all their eyes shining in the grass. It was eerie, and it stuck with me, as you can tell.
That's really creepy!
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
peculiar mo, robert williams