Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-15-2010, 05:51 PM   #1
joedi923
joedi923 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 1 and Kindle 2
Conversion Time

Am wondering what a typical conversion time for books? I tried to convert one the other night and after 7+ minutes I was only at 67%. These aren't huge files, just your normal, everyday, romance novel. Is a long conversion time normal or am I doing something wrong?

joedi923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 06:28 PM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Long conversion times are not atypical. It all depends on the complexity of the book's internal markup. It is possible for conversion to take hours. As long as you don't get an error message let it run. It's working.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2010, 06:31 PM   #3
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
I had a conversion that took hours - I gave up after four hours.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 06:46 PM   #4
joedi923
joedi923 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 1 and Kindle 2
Thanks for the replies!

I'll be using Calibre as my organizational tool instead of my conversion tool. When I find a book I want to read, I pretty much need/want instantanious conversion!
joedi923 is offline   Reply With Quote