Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 10-01-2016, 05:38 PM   #751
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
No, it's not normal. It usually only takes a few minutes. You should double-check that you are installing the correct firmware to your device.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 07:22 PM   #752
ask
ask is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.ask is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.ask is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.ask is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.ask is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.ask is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.ask is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.ask is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.ask is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.ask is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.ask is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 840
Firmware 5.15 for Inkpad 840 has been rolling out recently.
I got the update over the air a few days ago, here is the release note:

http://www.lesen.net/forum/attachmen...-pdf/?9a16345a
ask is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2016, 03:40 PM   #753
j0r13n
Enthusiast
j0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura about

Device: none
Firmware 5.16.321 for PocketBook Touch HD released

Firmware 5.16.321 for PocketBook Touch HD released

Unofficial changelog (credits to Michael Sonntag - papierlos-lesen.de): https://translate.google.nl/translat...er-touch-hd%2F
j0r13n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 07:38 AM   #754
j0r13n
Enthusiast
j0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura aboutj0r13n has a spectacular aura about

PocketBook Touch Lux 2 OTA update W626.5.14.964

Another PB626 OTA update.
W626.5.14.964
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	586
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	153464   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	523
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	153465  
Old 12-11-2016, 06:25 AM   #755
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by j0r13n View Post
Another PB626 OTA update.
W626.5.14.964
One thing they fixed is that the option to turn off the LED indicator at every page turn now actually works again. This bug was a mild irritation to me, so I'm glad it's fixed now.

Another thing: the fact that we got another update for 5.14 may mean that we'll never get the 5.16 version that the Touch HD has, with the new reading app.
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2017, 03:47 PM   #756
j0r13n
Enthusiast

Firmware 5.16.371 for PocketBook Touch HD released

Firmware 5.16.371 for PocketBook Touch HD released

--- Changelog ---

Updates:

READER PROGRAM

1. Added ability to work with EPUB books the format structure of which doesn’t fully match the standard (before this function was added, it was not possible to open some books in EPUB format, including those obtained from Google Books)

2. Capability of turning pages when operating the speech synthesizer (Text-to-Speech). Herewith after turning the page, the speech synthesizer begins reading from the top of the new page.

3. Support of WPA2 Enterprise authorization mode when connecting to Wi-Fi added.

MODIFICATIONS:

1.Dictionary user interface updated (font of dictionary entries revised, graphic interface modified, translation of interface element signatures revised).

Fixed:

1. Malfunctions in synchronization of large files in Dropbox.

2. Possible device hang up when changing folders in Dropbox.

3. The device boot progress bar sometimes continued displaying even after the download was complete.

4. Reading application hang up when the time reached 00:00.

5. Page turn button locking up after editing a word in the dictionary window in the reading application.

6. Possible malfunctions in the dictionary during rapid scrolling in a dictionary entry.

7. Volume reset to default level when turning off the device with the Audio Player application running.

8. No collection tag in web interface of PocketBook Cloud if new collection has been created on device directly before uploading book to cloud.

9. Not correct USB disconnection from PCs running Windows OS in some cases.

10. Problems connecting the device to computers running certain versions of Mac OS.

11. Possible incorrect display of battery charge level after charging the device.

12. Other minor fixes.
Old 05-31-2017, 10:11 AM   #757
jackm8
Zealot
jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Anyone with problems with 5.15 on first Inkpad 840?

I'm thinking of rolling back. Unsure whether it's something only on my side, but I've plenty of bugs with 5.15.

Mainly the problem is with touchscreen:

- Dragging lines for manual pdf cropping is frustrating as it just wont go well. Holding and dragging a line isn't working well. It won't hold it on first try, or it will drop it while you're still holding it. It's taking more time to make the same thing that you'd previously do in half a minute.
- Dragging boxes for screenshot is the same. You need to be very fast and accurate on first try, or it won't save right window.
- Commands requiring to hold the screen for few seconds will register only as quick press occasionally.
- Battery status seams to be bugged as well. It will go from showing 70-80% to completely empty. From experience it it's only status that's effected here, since battery life is as long as it was.
jackm8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 02:24 PM   #758
jackm8
Zealot
jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.jackm8 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackm8 View Post

I'm thinking of rolling back. Unsure whether it's something only on my side, but I've plenty of bugs with 5.15.

- Dragging lines for manual pdf cropping is frustrating as it just wont go well. Holding and dragging a line isn't working well. It won't hold it on first try, or it will drop it while you're still holding it. It's taking more time to make the same thing that you'd previously do in half a minute.
- Dragging boxes for screenshot is the same. You need to be very fast and accurate on first try, or it won't save right window.
- Commands requiring to hold the screen for few seconds will register only as quick press occasionally.
- Battery status seams to be bugged as well. It will go from showing 70-80% to completely empty. From experience it it's only status that's effected here, since battery life is as long as it was.

Edit: Yeah, it was definitely update in my case. At least for touchscreen responsiveness. Everything works on 5.4 as it did before I updated, and I can live with slightly older file explorer.
jackm8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 03:31 AM   #759
ask
ask is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.ask is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.ask is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.ask is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.ask is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.ask is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.ask is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.ask is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.ask is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.ask is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.ask is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackm8 View Post

Same issues observed on my Inkpad 840, you're not alone.
I hope PB will push another update to fix these issues because 5.15 seems to offer quicker page turns and overall responsiveness which I enjoy a lot.
ask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 03:47 AM   #760
cassini
Enthusiast
cassini began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3
Has PB TL 3 626 new update? I found this one on PB support page

http://download.pocketbook-int.com/f...n_630_user.zip

My 626 does not show new update? What about yours?
cassini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 04:25 AM   #761
brucelee
Addict
brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Nice. Thanks for the update. I'll download and try manually updating to it.

EDIT: No idea what's the changelog but the update works on TL3. I didn't try it on the TL2 though.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170913_114943.jpg
Views:	499
Size:	112.5 KB
ID:	159015  

Last edited by brucelee; 09-13-2017 at 04:59 AM.
brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 06:33 AM   #762
cassini
Enthusiast

In the zip file is this xml text

<firmware>
<version>W626.5.14.1225</version>
<timestamp>1500350120</timestamp>
<description>
Fixed several minor bugs.
</description>
<compatibility>
<devices>
<serial>YT4.*</serial>
</devices>
<versions>
<version>
<min>W626.2.0.5</min>
</version>
</versions>
</compatibility>
<md5sum>aacdc5e32f3502dc5b5971fa2a21dfe5</md5sum>
</firmware>
Old 09-13-2017, 07:00 AM   #763
cassini
Enthusiast

Here is screen with changelog of new PB TL3 update.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp scr0001.bmp (380.1 KB, 433 views)
Old 09-13-2017, 07:20 AM   #764
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
sw_20170718_626_W_5.14_1225_5.12_CI_gdb_pn_630_use r

Openwith in Library view is back, but offers only:
Adobe Reader & FB Reader
I guess it is only using the extension.cfg on the hidden partition and not on the accessable one.

Edit: Ups I was wrong, that form of "Open with" existed before too. Guess I hoped for it too much.
Sorry!

Last edited by nhedgehog; 09-13-2017 at 08:23 AM.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 07:05 AM   #765
brucelee
Addict
brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucelee View Post
Nice. Thanks for the update. I'll download and try manually updating to it.

EDIT: No idea what's the changelog but the update works on TL3. I didn't try it on the TL2 though.
It seems like the same update is now featured on the TL2 support page too.
brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote