Notices

Old 11-14-2009, 09:23 AM   #1
tovarish
Enthusiast
tovarish began at the beginning.

Device: HTC Touch Pro2
Persistent WIFI connection.

Hi All,

I just bought an iliad 2nd edition and would like that the wifi connection is persistent. At work I can connect an ethernet cable and ssh to the iliad to edit files but at home I have only a wifi network.
The problem is that when I click the connect button the connection only lasts for 20-25 seconds which is not enough to do any editing. How can I make the wifi connection last as long as I want.
I downloaded a script which loads connectionMgr with the options
--background --stay-connected
but it doesnt seem to help.

thanks,
tovarish
tovarish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 10:17 AM   #2
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
I like to use my iLiad with a wireless connection as I can't get use to using the iliad with that travel hub attached...

The best way to activate wifi, for me, is to use the User Friendly Wireless Network Management scripts that can be used from the ContentLister. Just don't download anything wirelessly onto the CF card as there's something broken in the latest (and previous ) firmware that cause painfully sloooow transfers.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2009, 03:30 AM   #3
tovarish
Enthusiast
tovarish began at the beginning.

Device: HTC Touch Pro2
This worked, Thanks.
tovarish is offline   Reply With Quote