Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > OpenInkpot

Notices

Old 09-10-2009, 12:35 PM   #1
horseman
horseman began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook
Snapshot September - BeBook

Hallo,
i just tried to start any newer live version(0909xx) of OI in my BeBook. But none of them will work. If i start the software the BeBook will switch off and i has to reset the BeBook.
Version 090326 works well.

Are there any known Problems with the newer versions?

horseman
Old 09-10-2009, 12:49 PM   #2
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by horseman View Post
Are there any known Problems with the newer versions?
Yes, it has already been mentioned in this OpenInkpot forum that the 'live' version is not currently working in the August-September snapshots. I am not one of the developers, but I would guess that the introduction of the jffs2 filesystem might cause some extra work to get a 'live' version to work. That is just a guess on my part though.

EDIT:
FWIW, I just noticed that it is ticket #421 in the OI ticket system, and due to be fixed for the 0.2 release.

Last edited by Dave_S; 09-11-2009 at 05:04 AM.
Advert
Old 09-17-2009, 01:08 PM   #3
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
I installed the 20090915 Live version yesterday and it worked fine.

BobC
Old 09-17-2009, 01:17 PM   #4
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
I installed the 20090915 Live version yesterday and it worked fine.
Installed ? There is nothing to install in a live version, you just execute it from the SD card.

The ticket for the live version bug is still open, so now I wonder what is going on?
Old 09-18-2009, 10:18 AM   #5
ascherjim
Addict
ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: BeBook One, PocketBook 360, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
Installed ? There is nothing to install in a live version, you just execute it from the SD card.

The ticket for the live version bug is still open, so now I wonder what is going on?
I, too, am bewildered, but with BobC's claim. I put the 20090915 live version on my BeBook's SD card, clicked on the "boot-OI-V3.exe.fb2" menu listing, but as all times previously with the August-September versions, nothing happened. It went to a blank screen. I am also watching the #421 ticket and see no resolution to the issue yet. Am I missing anything?
Advert
Old 09-18-2009, 10:31 PM   #6
ascherjim
Addict
ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: BeBook One, PocketBook 360, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascherjim View Post
I, too, am bewildered, but with BobC's claim. I put the 20090915 live version on my BeBook's SD card, clicked on the "boot-OI-V3.exe.fb2" menu listing, but as all times previously with the August-September versions, nothing happened. It went to a blank screen. I am also watching the #421 ticket and see no resolution to the issue yet. Am I missing anything?
Further to my last posting: As an experiment I downloaded the live version of March 26 (the last one presumably still viable), unzipped it on my SD card -- and that one didn't work either on my BeBook!