Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 10-14-2009, 05:03 AM   #61
KiwiGerbil
KiwiGerbil began at the beginning.

Device: RB1100
Any plans on selling 360 in Ausralasia i.e. Australia and/or New Zealand?
Thank you!
KG
KiwiGerbil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 12:43 AM   #62
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiGerbil View Post
Thank you!
KG
Sure, the plans are in place, but I can't tell you when it is going to hit that part of the globe... 360s will come to the USA soon, that's for sure, these plans are not just plans but almost donnies, but what relates to "Antipodes"... not sure when. If you wish you can register on the website to get the reminder email, when 360 hit the US at least.
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2009, 03:59 AM   #63
Cassy
Zealot
Cassy began at the beginning.

Device: Silver Sony PRS 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiGerbil View Post
Thank you!
KG
It would be so fantastic if it was released in Australia!
Cassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 09:04 AM   #64
ctkierst
Enthusiast
ctkierst began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone, Pocketbook 360, Pocketbook IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yar-PocketBooker View Post
Sure, the plans are in place, but I can't tell you when it is going to hit that part of the globe... 360s will come to the USA soon, that's for sure, these plans are not just plans but almost donnies, but what relates to "Antipodes"... not sure when. If you wish you can register on the website to get the reminder email, when 360 hit the US at least.
Hm, I was just looking at the site, having registered, and I don't see where I can register to receive a reminder email.
ctkierst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 01:49 PM   #65
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
Will the 360 be available in South Africa? There is definitely a huge untapped market over here and except for the intl Kindle it doesn't seem as if any of the eReader manufacturers are interested in us.

I'll definitely consider the 360 instead of the Opus, but then I need to know that I'll be able to get it over here without too much hassles.

Perhaps you guys should try to make a deal with Expansys for distribution. They already have a large international presence, including South Africa.

Last edited by Crusader; 10-16-2009 at 03:14 PM.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2009, 02:54 PM   #66
Abelturd
Little Fuzzy Soldier
Abelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toys

Device: cybook gen3, htc hero, ipaq 214
Ha! Pocketbook is finally getting the attention it rightfully deserves. I've been following this product over a longer period of time and the current development - seeing it spread to other countries and new markets - is very pleasing for me. I'm rooting for you guys. May your customer base grow significantly.
Abelturd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 09:52 PM   #67
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abelturd View Post
Ha! Pocketbook is finally getting the attention it rightfully deserves. I've been following this product over a longer period of time and the current development - seeing it spread to other countries and new markets - is very pleasing for me. I'm rooting for you guys. May your customer base grow significantly.
Thank you, for you wishes! There's saying in Russian that can be roughly translated as: "It will happen as long as you wish it"
Old 10-27-2009, 01:07 PM   #68
Plato
Plato began at the beginning.

Device: none
Can your devices display Ancient Greek and Simplified Chinese? Can I text search? In any language I like, or only a select few?

I especially like the look/shape of the 360; has it been distributed to US retail stores yet? I would like to see it in person before I make a decision to buy it.

Last edited by Plato; 10-27-2009 at 01:18 PM.
Plato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 06:18 PM   #69
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plato View Post
Can your devices display Ancient Greek and Simplified Chinese? Can I text search? In any language I like, or only a select few?

I especially like the look/shape of the 360; has it been distributed to US retail stores yet? I would like to see it in person before I make a decision to buy it.
All PocketBooks display Greek and Chinese books, as well as any other language, all depends on fonts that you install there.

Yes, you can search, but you can perform search only in languages (letter) that the virtual keyboard is provided for - English (or any other language, based on Latin) and Ukrainian/Russian (or any other language, based on Cyrillic alphabet).

360 are not distributed in the retail stores yet. But this is going to happen very soon. For the detalization of 'soon', please see the separate thread here))))
Old 11-01-2009, 10:18 PM   #70
triocorp
triocorp began at the beginning.

Device: none
Has anyone seen or heard from Andrey recently? I have tried sending him a few private msgs and have not received any replies.
triocorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 05:21 PM   #71
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by triocorp View Post
Has anyone seen or heard from Andrey recently? I have tried sending him a few private msgs and have not received any replies.
If you wanted to ask him anything about PocketBook in the USA - you're welcome to ask me any questions in this regard.

Yaroslav.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:29 PM   #72
ctkierst
Enthusiast

PocketBook 360 in USA

Just went on sale on the PocketBook website and I've gleefully placed my order. Woohoo!
Old 11-06-2009, 07:30 PM   #73
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctkierst View Post
Just went on sale on the PocketBook website and I've gleefully placed my order. Woohoo!
Your order has been shipped already).
Old 11-11-2009, 03:26 PM   #74
ctkierst
Enthusiast

PocketBook 360 in USA

Quote:
Yup, just got, and the reader looks great! I have to admit to being a bit startled about the (lack of) packaging. Wrapped in a couple of inches of bubble-wrap and plastic wrap inside a box, but nothing else (except the mini-USB cable), with a photocopied manual whose pages had to be cut in two to put them in the right order! The manual is definitely a translation, with some quirky spelling/English. (Ah, I see from another thread that there was an issue with the printer, so that's okay then.)

Ah well, it's charging away quite merrily...

-- Hm, first attempt to connect, and not going well. Had wonderfully quick response from customer support, but I think the cable may just be bad. Will have to lug everything to a shop and plead with the sales droid to let me take one out of the packaging to see if it works or not...

Last edited by ctkierst; 11-12-2009 at 02:25 PM. Reason: more info
Old 11-11-2009, 03:55 PM   #75
Abelturd
Little Fuzzy Soldier
Abelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toys

Device: cybook gen3, htc hero, ipaq 214
Quote:
Now this is what I call customer service. It's about as close one can get to his customers as I can think of. Yar-PocketBooker, your attitude is very sympathetic to me. Keep it up.
Abelturd is offline   Reply With Quote