Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-17-2016, 12:04 PM   #1
kdusr
Connoisseur
kdusr began at the beginning.

Device: KOA, KV, KOA2,PW4,PW5
Cool how to run an app with full screen

I wrote a small app by python,
I want to run it with full screen,
there is is a method called MainWindow.showFullScreen() in python
it works on debian desktop, win7 pc, but kindle...
kindle task bar is always on the top of my main GUI
anyone can give me a hint to run app with full screen? or need run some kind shell command before call the app?
many thanks!

Last edited by kdusr; 11-17-2016 at 12:06 PM.
kdusr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 12:32 PM   #2
encol
Evangelist
encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 5.8.5.0.1
see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=150

However, be careful. Hiding system bar can be dangerous: if your kindle does not have a "restart way" (for example a long press on the power button) you may not be able to close your app
encol is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2016, 11:49 AM   #3
kdusr
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by encol View Post
see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=150

However, be careful. Hiding system bar can be dangerous: if your kindle does not have a "restart way" (for example a long press on the power button) you may not be able to close your app
thanks encol! my app has a quit button

but the link which you posted, it is just first page of "Kindle Developer's Corner" I searched in this Forums but do not find useful info about how to run a app with full screen
could you give me a specific hint(link)?
thanks!
Old 11-25-2016, 12:10 PM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
And keep in mind that the KV does not have a usable serial port connection point.

You are working as if you have never in your life made a programming error -
Well the price of a KV-brick is yours to throw away -
go for it.
(Just don't ask to be bailed out here.)
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 12:51 PM   #5
encol
Evangelist
encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 5.8.5.0.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdusr View Post
thanks encol! my app has a quit button

but the link which you posted, it is just first page of "Kindle Developer's Corner" I searched in this Forums but do not find useful info about how to run a app with full screen
could you give me a specific hint(link)?
thanks!

I made a wrong CTRL-V

here is the link i intended

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
And keep in mind that the KV does not have a usable serial port connection point.

go for it.
A good practice can be to take a wifi ssh session opened when testing your app. A "reboot" command can save your kindle in such cases

Last edited by encol; 11-25-2016 at 01:00 PM.
encol is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2016, 04:04 AM   #6
kdusr
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post

go for it.
thank you for your advice Knc1, I stop to do that

PS >
actually I tried those 3 versions of shell on my KV 5.8.5, it looks do nothing, but I stop to try anything else before some bad thing happen

version 1 >
#!/bin/sh
lipc-set-prop com.lab126.pillow disableEnablePillow disable
lipc-set-prop com.lab126.pillow disableEnablePillow enable

version 2 >
#!/bin/sh
lipc-set-prop com.lab126.pillow disableEnablePillow disable

version 3 >
#!/bin/sh
lipc-set-prop com.lab126.pillow disableEnablePillow enable

after reboot kindle, these settings will be reset to default, is this right?

Last edited by kdusr; 11-28-2016 at 04:11 AM.