Notices

Old 05-12-2008, 07:36 AM   #1
Crozie
Hobbit
Crozie began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3 and Kindle 3G
The Cybook has Landed

Well, my Cybook has now arrived.

It's plugged in and charging for the next few hour, so more information to come at a later date!

First impressions, despite what I have read and seen, it isn't until you hold it that the the size and weight (or lack of to be accurate) of it hit home!

It seems to be identical externally from what I have seen online so far.

The model number on the back is CYBGEN310B for what it is worth....
Crozie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 07:41 AM   #2
DDHarriman
Guru
DDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura about

Device: Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS 505, Kindle DXG and Samsung Galaxy Note
Same model number as mine, so no change here.
DDHarriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2008, 09:10 AM   #3
Crozie
Hobbit

The Free Space!

Just turned it onto have a wee look, and under properties on XP it seems to have 500mb of internal space.....

A bit more than the 64 the wiki says...
Old 05-12-2008, 09:13 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
That appears to have been the hardware change - the internal storage has been increased from 64MB to 512MB. You'll see this is you look at the "Hardware Spec" page on the Bookeen web site.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 09:32 AM   #5
Crozie
Hobbit

Are there any other changes that you are aware of? I must admit, I hadn't noticed the update on the bookeen site.

Would just like to say thanks Harry, as when I was deciding what way to swing on the ebook reader side of things, your recommendations were one of the things that swung the swing. To strain a metaphor to breaking point....
Advert
Old 05-12-2008, 09:34 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That's the only change I've spotted - we'll have to wait and see if any more show up!
Old 05-12-2008, 09:53 AM   #7
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
The button on the front should have been revised. Have not yet felt it though, but will tomorrow.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 10:03 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

That sounds good. If I had one criticism of the Gen3 it would be the "hardness" of the navigation button. If they've made it "softer", that'll be a great improvement.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:35 AM   #9
AndyCapon
Enthusiast
AndyCapon began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook & iLiad
Hi Crozie,

How long ago did you order your Cybook?

Cheers

Andy
AndyCapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 11:40 AM   #10
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
That's the only change I've spotted - we'll have to wait and see if any more show up!
And that's the only hardware change you *will* see - although you're supposed to have a "softer-touch" navigation control. Can't say if that's correct - not because I'm not allowed to, but because *I* have the older model. There, now that the "new" Cybooks are out, I can reveal the "deep secret" I've been hiding.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 11:54 AM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

What a let-down .
Old 05-12-2008, 12:49 PM   #12
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
What a let-down .
It'snot! It'snot, it'snot, it'snot!

Derek
Old 05-12-2008, 12:59 PM   #13
M.H.
Connoisseur
M.H. doesn't litterM.H. doesn't litter

Device: Cybook Gen3, iPad
According to the Bookeen website, the new version has "a revised housing which facilitates navigation". Any idea what that refers to? Is it their way of saying that something has been done to make the navigation button easier to use?
M.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 02:33 PM   #14
delphidb96
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.H. View Post
According to the Bookeen website, the new version has "a revised housing which facilitates navigation". Any idea what that refers to? Is it their way of saying that something has been done to make the navigation button easier to use?

Supposed to be. Don't know because I don't have one.

Derek
Old 05-12-2008, 06:07 PM   #15
Crozie
Hobbit

Well the navigation button does seem to press softly. You can feel it, but there is no audible click. Is there on the older models?

I ordered it on the 4th April so I did Andy. Took just over a month!!

Does it feel good to get that secret off your chest Derek?