Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-10-2014, 11:57 AM   #331
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
You probably know already that there is Koreader for Kobo. You can start it via Sergey's fmon (see these detailed explanations), or alternatively you can add it to the KoboLauncher (have a look at the first post of this thread; for more recent versions of the launcher, it seems, you have to edit vlasovsoft/applications.ini, instead of KoboLauncher/KoboLauncher.ini).
I would recommend the "Kobo Start Menu" that some overachiever has provided to us all.

luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 12:09 AM   #332
enotar
Connoisseur
enotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of light

Device: kobo touch
I have now koreader working

Thank you
enotar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2014, 01:10 AM   #333
enotar
Connoisseur
enotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of lightenotar is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
I would recommend the "Kobo Start Menu" that some overachiever has provided to us all.

luck;
Ken
Can we have both working and choice from one or the other?
Old 03-11-2014, 09:53 AM   #334
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enotar View Post
Can we have both working and choice from one or the other?
The Start Menu comes with support for starting Nickel, KOreader and KoboLauncher. There was (is?) an issue reported in the thread, about some problems returning from Nickel, for some devices running the 3.2.0 firmware.

On my AuraHD 3.1.1 The Start Menu lets me go back and forth between all three with no problems. It appears that some of the Touches require some additional fixes to work properly.

Luck;
Ken
Old 03-12-2014, 04:04 AM   #335
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Shine 3
I just got updated to 3.2.0 on my Touch (N905), and what had been my fear became reality: The Launcher seems to be incompatible with this firmware, for each time that I try to install it, the firmware gets messing up, and I have to do a factory reset. Then, however, the firmware seems to stay stable.

Someone with the same experiences?
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2014, 01:24 PM   #336
enotar
Connoisseur

Works perfect here on touch.
Old 03-13-2014, 12:27 PM   #337
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enotar View Post
Works perfect here on touch.
Hm, after your promessing notice, I took courage and tried it again. Now, it seemed to install correctly; the launcher.png appeared at starting. But then, the launcher menu had rotated 90 degrees counterclockwise. Only the Coolreader was able to open, but the menu options didn't work at all, even the "close" option. The screen hung entirely, and even to get the device shut down with the power slider wasn't so easy to do.

So I ended up in deleting the Launcher. So sad...
Old 03-13-2014, 12:46 PM   #338
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Is there really anything in FW 3.2.0 that makes it worth rushing into? Some improvement in note taking, is all that I have heard of. Does it provide anything for KOreader or Coolreader? or the KoboLauncher apps? I don't think so. The FW 3.1.1 works fine though.

Luck;
Ken
Old 03-13-2014, 04:15 PM   #339
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonatus View Post
Hm, after your promessing notice, I took courage and tried it again. Now, it seemed to install correctly; the launcher.png appeared at starting. But then, the launcher menu had rotated 90 degrees counterclockwise. Only the Coolreader was able to open, but the menu options didn't work at all, even the "close" option. The screen hung entirely, and even to get the device shut down with the power slider wasn't so easy to do.

So I ended up in deleting the Launcher. So sad...
Since you have a Touch, you might be interested in post #325.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 03:23 AM   #340
Leonatus
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
Is there really anything in FW 3.2.0 that makes it worth rushing into? Some improvement in note taking, is all that I have heard of. Does it provide anything for KOreader or Coolreader? or the KoboLauncher apps? I don't think so. The FW 3.1.1 works fine though.
That's exactly what I said in the Fw. 3.2.0 forum before my device got updated; but at last, it was going on automagically.

@tshering: Yes, I know this post, but, to say the truth, I don't understand it. What is the exact problem it answers to? And what steps would I have to do especially? - I'm no technician, sorry, and to get the Launcher installed had been hard enough to me.
Old 03-14-2014, 04:36 AM   #341
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
@tshering: Yes, I know this post, but, to say the truth, I don't understand it. What is the exact problem it answers to? And what steps would I have to do especially? - I'm no technician, sorry, and to get the Launcher installed had been hard enough to me.
The problem it answers is the problem you were having, namely
Quote:
..., the launcher menu had rotated 90 degrees counterclockwise. Only the Coolreader was able to open, but the menu options didn't work at all, even the "close" option. The screen hung entirely, and even to get the device shut down with the power slider wasn't so easy to do.
As a remedy replace the file launcher.sh in .kobo\vlasovsoft by the one I provided in post #325. You have to extract it from launcher.sh.zip.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 05:11 AM   #342
Leonatus
Wizard

Ah, now I see.
I'll try it when I'm home this weekend. Would be really nice to have my Launcher back.
Thank you!
Old 03-14-2014, 10:29 AM   #343
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Quote:
That's exactly what I said in the Fw. 3.2.0 forum before my device got updated; but at last, it was going on automagically.
This is a way to avoid that.

Luck;
Ken
Old 03-14-2014, 12:31 PM   #344
Leonatus
Wizard

Couldn't await ... the first thing at home was check tshering's file, and ... wow! It works again! So many thanks!

@Ken: Yes, I know that there are possibilities, but there is still this issue with the uSD card, and in the backyard of my brain there is always a hope that, by a new firmware, this could possibly be solved.
It isn't with the firmware 3.2.0, lamentably.
Old 03-19-2014, 03:58 AM   #345
yayo
Groupie
yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O 1st. gen. Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
Out of curiosity, I tried myself to start the Kobolauncher from nickel, and it works on my Touch. I upload my launcher.sh here. If you try it on a model different from the Touch, please let me know whether it is working. (If on other models nickel is unresponsive after returning from the launcher, slide the power slider into the on/off position and hold it for 20 seconds. After that you can power on again.)
Edit: It does not work on Glo, cf. this post, and it is rather unlikely that it works on Aura HD and Aura.
Works on Aura 6'. It fixes the landscape orientation of the menu screen and unresponsiveness to tapping.
yayo is offline   Reply With Quote