Old 04-11-2010, 09:51 AM   #121
mario40
Enthusiast
mario40 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: no e-reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrien View Post
Any feedback yet ?
May you could help me if you could describe the downloading steps of a newspaper, may be automaticly, with Feedbooks?

E.g. for the German newspaper Sueddeutsche Zeitung:
URL:
http://www.sueddeutsche.de/app/epsta...ion=epaper_abo
Login at this URL with:
Username: xxxxxxxxx
Password: xxxxxxxxx
After login I can select if I want the complete newspaper or selectable articles.
The newspaper arrives daily without sunday.

It woud help me a lot to understand Feedbooks.
mario40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 12:40 PM   #122
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
Isn't there a guide included with feeds?
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2010, 06:57 PM   #123
cheerio6414
Addict
cheerio6414 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
never checked
cheerio6414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 12:30 PM   #124
amyj
Banned
amyj began at the beginning.

Device: k2
nice.
this should help. ill give it a go and return with some feedback.
thanks again.

Last edited by Alexander Turcic; 07-15-2010 at 05:13 AM. Reason: webbug removed
amyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 02:30 PM   #125
cheerio6414
Addict
cheerio6414 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Cant wait
cheerio6414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2010, 02:37 AM   #126
mrtiny2010
mrtiny2010 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Awesome! very helpful and thx for sharing
mrtiny2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 10:27 PM   #127
Grant
Grant began at the beginning.

Device: kindle dx
Thanks!
Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 12:09 PM   #128
colin_lau
colin_lau began at the beginning.

Great! Thanks a lot.
colin_lau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 07:42 PM   #129
wrdus
wrdus began at the beginning.

Thankyou Sir!
wrdus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 12:08 PM   #130
ralfmayo
ralfmayo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 - 3G
I just got a new US Kindle 3 (3G) but I'm not able to install the Feedbooks Guide.

I installed the guide directly using the Kindle browser from http://www.feedbooks.com/kindleguide, the Kindle says the file was downloaded correctly, however the guide shows up as ".............................." and when I try to access it, I get the following error message: "The selected item could not be opened. If you purchased this item from Amazon, delete the item and redownload it from Archived Items available in Home."

I then deleted the book from the Kindle and tried downloading the .mobi file directly through my PC browser and saved the file in the Kindle's "content" directly, but that gives me the same result.

I updated the Kindle's Firmware to 3.0.2 and retried the above but it still doesn't work.

Anyone ever experience this? I was able to install the Mobipocket Guide, and the Magic Catalog without any problems.
ralfmayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 12:14 PM   #131
st0rmchild
st0rmchild has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony 505
Yep, same here. The file is only 96 Bytes in size. It seems the generating script fails.
st0rmchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 12:20 PM   #132
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Interesting - I downloaded this guide on my K3 using 3G and it is currently on my K3 and works fine (I'm still on the 3.0.1 firmware).
I'm wondering if there has been a tweak in the new web browser on later K3's that won't sync with the current Feedbooks download/installation script. I suggest logging your problem in on the Feedbooks website (support@feedbooks.com) and share your answers here for others that may have your problem.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 12:35 PM   #133
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtiny2010 View Post
Awesome! very helpful and thx for sharing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by colin_lau View Post
Great! Thanks a lot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrdus View Post
Thankyou Sir!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralfmayo View Post
I just got a new US Kindle 3 (3G) but I'm not able to install the Feedbooks Guide.

I installed the guide directly using the Kindle browser from http://www.feedbooks.com/kindleguide, the Kindle says the file was downloaded correctly, however the guide shows up as ".............................." and when I try to access it, I get the following error message: "The selected item could not be opened. If you purchased this item from Amazon, delete the item and redownload it from Archived Items available in Home."

I then deleted the book from the Kindle and tried downloading the .mobi file directly through my PC browser and saved the file in the Kindle's "content" directly, but that gives me the same result.

I updated the Kindle's Firmware to 3.0.2 and retried the above but it still doesn't work.

Anyone ever experience this? I was able to install the Mobipocket Guide, and the Magic Catalog without any problems.
Welcome to MobileRead, everyone.

When you get your problem sorted out, please come introduce yourself (see link below), start a new thread, and let us greet you.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 03:07 AM   #134
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:

I installed the guide directly using the Kindle browser from http://www.feedbooks.com/kindleguide, the Kindle says the file was downloaded correctly, however the guide shows up as ".............................." and when I try to access it, I get the following error message: "The selected item could not be opened. If you purchased this item from Amazon, delete the item and redownload it from Archived Items available in Home."............
Me too; anybody has gotten an answer yet?
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 09:37 AM   #135
KarlB
Enthusiast
KarlB began at the beginning.

Device: clay tablet
Quote:

I'm having a similar problem. I've been using the Feedbooks Guide for a long time on my Kindle 2, but when I went to update it yesterday I got the above-described error message and a file that my Kindle won't open. I can download the Feedbooks Guide on my Mac, and even open and view it using the Macintosh Kindle client, but when I manually move it to my Kindle, the Kindle still won't open it. Multiple attempts produce the same results.

This is really frustrating. The Feedbooks catalog has been an excellent resource; its public domain books are almost always better-formatted than the same book available through Amazon's Kindle store.
KarlB is offline   Reply With Quote