Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-26-2009, 07:28 PM   #91
Sporadic
Banned
Sporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with others

Device: Kindle 1
This is an amazing thread.

Here's two I've been using (besides my family photos)

Team Fortress 2

The Shining

I had to brighten up the Shining picture since it was much too dark but it still looks good on the Kindle.
Sporadic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 08:11 PM   #92
Sporadic
Banned
Sporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with others

Device: Kindle 1
Is there anyway to delete individual photos without clearing everything? I added one that look not that hot on the Kindle.

Here's three more pictures that look great of the Kindle.

Trent Reznor

Saul Williams

Year Zero
Sporadic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2009, 02:58 PM   #93
sl33py
sl33py plays well with otherssl33py plays well with otherssl33py plays well with otherssl33py plays well with otherssl33py plays well with otherssl33py plays well with otherssl33py plays well with otherssl33py plays well with otherssl33py plays well with otherssl33py plays well with otherssl33py plays well with others

Device: K2i, K3, PW
very cool thread! i've been searching for good screensavers and downloaded several from here - thx for sharing!

I started out with the table of elements and a couple others from jacksonunit, and went from there.

The "pictures of my family" thread got me started, with the 2 .bin files to use custom and revert if needed for update.

thx again!
sl33py is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 03:02 PM   #94
sl33py
sl33py plays well with otherssl33py plays well with otherssl33py plays well with otherssl33py plays well with otherssl33py plays well with otherssl33py plays well with otherssl33py plays well with otherssl33py plays well with otherssl33py plays well with otherssl33py plays well with otherssl33py plays well with others

was a bit vague before on the screesaver "hack" - sorry had to find it.

here's a link to it:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=150

for anyone finding this trying to use their own screensavers on a K2.

GL!
Old 06-29-2009, 04:23 PM   #95
LilCube
LilCube began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
Thanks for this great hack. I made quite a few and posted them on my blog. There's 26 of them on there. Please excuse the colorful language. I usually only blog when I'm upset, and when I'm upset the cursing flows.

The post with the "screensavers" is: http://lilcube.com/blog/2009/06/28/r...-fun-damental/
LilCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2009, 07:34 PM   #96
MrDetermination
MrDetermination is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle DX
I feel like a dolt. I started a whole other thread I requested that be deleted. Anyway... here is what was there:

I think Amazon dropped the ball with the image screensavers here. I'd much rather graze on some knowledge when I glance at my sleeping beauty.

This is stuff I'm interested in or trying to learn. Its nice to review these before I power up or if I only have a minute to kill. Makes the kindle useful without even browsing the menu. The file names should be self explanatory.

Useful bits for DIY:
Resolution 824x1200
Photoshop crop tool ratio: 41.2 by 60
To match my border in photoshop select all -> Modify -> Border -> 20 -> OK and then paint bucket the outer selection black

Screensaver Hack Link

Everything I built these with was freely available and/or okay to be redistributed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	algebra.png
Views:	1122
Size:	278.1 KB
ID:	31448   Click image for larger version

Name:	common_ports.png
Views:	1068
Size:	382.4 KB
ID:	31449   Click image for larger version

Name:	firefox.png
Views:	973
Size:	385.6 KB
ID:	31450   Click image for larger version

Name:	geometry.png
Views:	954
Size:	278.3 KB
ID:	31451   Click image for larger version

Name:	periodic_table_elements.png
Views:	927
Size:	454.1 KB
ID:	31452   Click image for larger version

Name:	poker_odds.png
Views:	970
Size:	371.0 KB
ID:	31453   Click image for larger version

Name:	subnetting.png
Views:	952
Size:	404.5 KB
ID:	31454   Click image for larger version

Name:	vim.png
Views:	911
Size:	520.6 KB
ID:	31455  
MrDetermination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 04:34 PM   #97
sl33py

LilCube's screensavers are awesome - go check them out.

MrD - great idea. I especially like the ports and subnets - handy to have around.

both +Karma. great additions!
Old 07-04-2009, 07:52 PM   #98
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
The 2nd one at the top of the page is LOL.
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 02:19 AM   #99
willdjx
willdjx began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Help

I'm trying to load my images to my brand new kindle and followed all the steps. I got the images on the kindle just fine, but there is no shift key, so i cannot export them to screensavers. does anyone know how to do this on the new kindle? thanks.
willdjx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 03:00 AM   #100
whackedspinach
whackedspinach began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2 International
Firefly photos

I just got a Kindle 2 and hacked it to use custom screen savers. I made a set of Firefly/Serenity screensavers and thought someone else might appreciate them. They aren't perfect, please improve if you want. I attached the 10 images below in a .zip archive.
Attached Files
File Type: zip firefly_screens.zip (888.0 KB, 793 views)
whackedspinach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 10:32 AM   #101
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by willdjx View Post
I'm trying to load my images to my brand new kindle and followed all the steps. I got the images on the kindle just fine, but there is no shift key, so i cannot export them to screensavers. does anyone know how to do this on the new kindle? thanks.
Please click the link in my sig for step-by-step instructions.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 03:05 AM   #102
gigilaprof
gigilaprof began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
I see this post is a few years old. Does anyone know if this method of changing the screensaver still works on a new Kindle 2?
gigilaprof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 09:01 AM   #103
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigilaprof View Post
I see this post is a few years old. Does anyone know if this method of changing the screensaver still works on a new Kindle 2?
The links in my sig are still current.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 02:43 PM   #104
sebastianoG
sebastianoG began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
Exclamation

hello,
I'm new in this forum. I'm italian and so I don't speak english very well
I have a problem: I have a Kindle 2 and I have tryed to set my own screensavers, but wen I press alt-shift-0 nothing happen. Why?
thanks for answers and exuse me for bad english
sebastianoG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 02:53 PM   #105
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Because that was a Kindle 1 only feature .

If you want custom screensavers on a K2/DX, use a screensavers hack. (Cf. kindle dev subforum).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 07-26-2010 at 03:09 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote