Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-27-2012, 03:17 AM   #1
sucah
Connoisseur
sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK 3G, KT 3G, KPW, Odyssey HD, T1, 350, Glo, Mini, Aura HD, KPW2 3G
Metadata Plugboard doesn't work for mobi files

I use metadata plugboard '{series:|| }{series_index:0>2s|[|] - }{title}' to title for epub and mobi for any device. When I send epub files to disk, the title can insert series in front of the title, but for mobi the file will sent without the series in front of the title.
Please someone help me how to make this plugboard works for mobi files also.
sucah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 11:02 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
If you have Mobi files with both ".mobi" and ".prc" extensions, you need two plugboard entries, one for each extension. You also need to ensure that the device setting is correct.

Last edited by HarryT; 01-27-2012 at 11:04 AM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2012, 12:01 PM   #3
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sucah View Post
...but for mobi the file will sent without the series in front of the title...
Are you looking at the books as displayed on the Kindle's Home page or are you just looking at the filename generated?

A Plugboard that modifies the {title} affects the metadata, and thus Home page display, only. It does not affect the filename.

If you want the filename altered you need to make that customization in Preferences' "Send to Disk" and/or "Send to Device" sections.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:23 PM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I can verify that plugboard do work for Mobi files; I make extensive use of them on my Kindle.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:15 PM   #5
sucah
Connoisseur
sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Actually the file extension is .mobi, and after send to disk the file side loaded to kindle, the title still don't change. (I'm looking at the kindle homepage)
But if I do the same to epub, the title will include series name.
I will try to repeat the same procedure on the other pc later.
Advert
Old 01-27-2012, 06:23 PM   #6
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
I also use a plugboard with MOBI files regularly.

I use the following "Save Template" in "Save to Disk":
{series} {series_index:0>2s} {title} - {authors}

I use the following Plugboard for both "content_server" and "save_to_disk"
{series} {series_index:0>2s} {title} assigned to the field {title}
{author_sort} assigned to the field {author}
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	plugboard.gif
Views:	317
Size:	6.6 KB
ID:	81802  
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:04 PM   #7
sucah
Connoisseur

I tried on other pc, and I know the problem, I used Stanza for open the file, for .epub it's showed the title updated, but for .mobi Stanza show title without series, I think Stanza didn't use metada for title.
Old 01-28-2012, 04:05 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sucah View Post
I tried on other pc, and I know the problem, I used Stanza for open the file, for .epub it's showed the title updated, but for .mobi Stanza show title without series, I think Stanza didn't use metada for title.
Now I'm slightly confused. In your post above, you said that you were looking at the title on the Kindle home page? The Kindle definitely does display the title from the metadata, not the filename.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:48 PM   #9
sucah
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Now I'm slightly confused. In your post above, you said that you were looking at the title on the Kindle home page? The Kindle definitely does display the title from the metadata, not the filename.
Sorry, the first try I use Stanza and side load to Kindle with different library, the one without Metadata Plugboards for Mobi (I have more than one library with calibre) and metadata plugboards doesnt work for all library, you must set metadata plugboards for each library.