Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-03-2011, 10:51 PM   #1
GlassDeviant
GlassDeviant began at the beginning.

Device: iPod Touch
64-bit Windows 7 can't run the Calibre installer

Is there a known workaround?

Is it possible to get the source and compile it myself?
GlassDeviant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:53 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre runs fine on windows 7 64 bits.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2011, 11:42 PM   #3
digital_steve
Muppet
digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.digital_steve has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-650
Works without a hitch on my 64bit box..
digital_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 02:06 AM   #4
toddos
Guru
toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nokia Lumia 920 (Freda)
Make sure the installer fully downloaded. It should be ~35MB or so. I noticed when trying to download 0.7.43 from the sourceforge mirrors it'd stop after downloading only 100KB or so (but not give an error). If the file didn't fully download, Windows will complain that it's not a valid file.
toddos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 09:40 AM   #5
GlassDeviant

9.84MB...hmm. I haven't gotten an incomplete download of a file in years. Ok, trying again.
Advert
Old 02-04-2011, 10:02 AM   #6
GlassDeviant

Working fine now, thanks for the help. It's been so long since I had an incomplete download without some sort of error message that the thought never crossed my mind.