Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 04-23-2010, 09:41 PM   #1
Donna Callea
Author
Donna Callea is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Donna Callea is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Donna Callea is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Donna Callea is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Donna Callea is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Donna Callea is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Donna Callea is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Donna Callea is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Donna Callea is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Donna Callea is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Donna Callea is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: kindle
"The Haircut, A New Year's Tale"

An update for the 2010 holiday season:

Last December, my novel "The Haircut, A New Year's Tale" debuted on Amazon for Kindle to rave reviews. It's a whimsical, sensual fairy tale for adults that begins two days after Christmas, 1948, in a city that could be New York. As evening falls, a young woman, desperate to save herself, goes to a barber shop and tells the handsome, young barber-- who has heartaches of his own-- to give her the worst haircut either can imagine. He refuses-- until she wears him down. And before the night is over, something much more than a haircut happens between them.

The novel also introduces Misha, the New Year's angel, who's a lot more helpful than Santa Claus, if you ask me.

The Haircut, A New Year's Tale can be read any time of the year-- and has been. But I'm hoping it will become a perennial holiday favorite. And to help it along, I've reduced the price from $2.99 to just 99 cents on Amazon. Smashwords customers can use the coupon code BW76N to get the discounted price. The links are below.

Hope you'll give it a try, and let me know what you think.
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003AOA86E
Smashwords: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/11066
The Haircut, A New Year's Tale
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Haircut-New-Ye...1575808&sr=1-3
Smashwords: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/11859

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 11-14-2010 at 05:43 AM.
Donna Callea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 10:30 AM   #2
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
I really think I'd like to read this story... I have often thought about getting all my hair cut off - just for the sake of it... Like give it a completely new start in life.
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 11:28 AM   #3
Donna Callea
Author
Donna Callea is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Donna Callea is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Donna Callea is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Donna Callea is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Donna Callea is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Donna Callea is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Donna Callea is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Donna Callea is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Donna Callea is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Donna Callea is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Donna Callea is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lene1949 View Post
I really think I'd like to read this story... I have often thought about getting all my hair cut off - just for the sake of it... Like give it a completely new start in life.
Lene--That's sort of what Tasha does. If she wants to set herself free, she has no choice but to get rid of all her hair. And she does get a completely new start in life. Hope you like "The Haircut, A New Year's Tale." After you read it, please let me know what you think.

Donna
Old 04-26-2010, 03:24 AM   #4
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna Callea View Post
Lene--That's sort of what Tasha does. If she wants to set herself free, she has no choice but to get rid of all her hair. And she does get a completely new start in life. Hope you like "The Haircut, A New Year's Tale." After you read it, please let me know what you think.

Donna
I have already bought it (both of your books, actually) and will read them both... I DO have a long TBR list, though, but I'll let you know what I think...
Old 04-26-2010, 09:49 PM   #5
Donna Callea
Author

Talk about a bad hair day

Quote:
Originally Posted by lene1949 View Post
I have already bought it (both of your books, actually) and will read them both... I DO have a long TBR list, though, but I'll let you know what I think...
Lene,
Thanks so much for buying The Haircut and New Coastal Times. Needless to say, I hope you enjoy them.

Donna
Old 04-26-2010, 09:54 PM   #6
DaringNovelist
Addict
DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch
Sounds good to me too. I'll be checking them out. I like your pitch, the way it is interesting right at the start - just the conflict between Tasha and the barber - and then it accellerates.

Camille

"The Wife of Freedom" at Smashwords, or for Kindle
DaringNovelist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 11:12 AM   #7
Donna Callea
Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaringNovelist View Post
Sounds good to me too. I'll be checking them out. I like your pitch, the way it is interesting right at the start - just the conflict between Tasha and the barber - and then it accellerates.

Camille

"The Wife of Freedom" at Smashwords, or for Kindle
Thanks, Camille
I just checked out "The Wife of Freedom."
Sounds good. How come you didn't call it "Whore of Freedom"?
Old 04-27-2010, 11:36 AM   #8
DaringNovelist
Addict
DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks, Camille
I just checked out "The Wife of Freedom."
Sounds good. How come you didn't call it "Whore of Freedom"?
Bwa haha hahaha!

I did. People wouldn't look at it because of the title. Apple posted it on the iBookstore as "W***e of Freedom."

I changed the title to see if it would make a difference.

Camille
Old 04-27-2010, 05:11 PM   #9
Donna Callea
Author

Who knew they were such prudes? Oh well. I'm looking forward to "The Wife of Freedom"
Old 04-27-2010, 05:38 PM   #10
DaringNovelist
Addict

Quote:
Who knew they were such prudes? Oh well. I'm looking forward to "The Wife of Freedom"
For Apple, I suspect it has more to do with the fact that they promote these products in schools, and the iBookstore does not have a nanny filter yet.

For the customers... I don't know. I think there are connotations and attitudes associated with "whore" that can throw people off. When I asked for some feedback on the cover once, I had a couple of people who had not even glanced at the cover before because of the title... and then when they saw the cover they changed their minds.

Plus I realize that the word "wife" fits the story theme as well. Her husband is famous under the name of "Jackie the Freedom." When she meets her lover, she at first puts him off by introducing herself as "Mrs. Freedom."

Camille
Old 05-18-2010, 09:25 PM   #11
Donna Callea
Author

Does anyone know how to fix the subject line on a thread? It's driving me crazy that this subject line is "Talks about a bad hair day" instead of "Talk about a bad hair day." I know, I know. It's my fault for putting the s on talk and then not proofreading. But I'd love to fix it.

On a happier note, THE HAIRCUT, A NEW YEAR'S TALE is still going strong, even though it's May. I attribute that to Misha, the New Year's Angel, who would really like to become better known by the time the winter holidays roll around. Also to the fact that it's still priced at 99 cents.

Find it at Smashwords: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/11859
and Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Haircut-New-Ye...1575808&sr=1-3
Old 05-19-2010, 07:40 PM   #12
lene1949
Wizard

I believe you can go into 'edit', then advanced, and change it that way...
Old 05-19-2010, 10:17 PM   #13
Donna Callea
Author

Thanks, Lene.
I was able to fix it in the post, but it's still wrong on the thread. Oh well. It could be worse.
Old 05-20-2010, 03:30 AM   #14
lene1949
Wizard

I never thought of it as wrong, just that she 'talks about a bad hairday'...
Old 05-20-2010, 03:31 AM   #15
lene1949
Wizard

You can ask one of the moderators to change it, if it's important to you..