Notices

Old 02-05-2010, 03:02 PM   #1
booksonthemove
Connoisseur
booksonthemove began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600 with latest Calibre and Linux Ubuntu-9.10
newer recipes in older calibre?

Hi,

Can recipes in newer versions of Calibre be used in older versions?

Right now I use calibre to get news on my laptop. The laptop runs linux ubuntu karmic and works with the frequently updated version of calibre that used the binary install. However I have a more powerful freebsd server.

Now, I can install calibre out of the ports tree on freebsd but it is a relatively ancient version, calibre 0.6.27_2 whereas the latest on ubuntu is 0.3.37.

I've tried just downloading the source to freebsd and compiling, but even with the required dependencies it still fails. So wil new recipes work on older software?

cheers
booksonthemove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 03:34 PM   #2
kiklop74
Guru
kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by booksonthemove View Post
Hi,

Can recipes in newer versions of Calibre be used in older versions?

Right now I use calibre to get news on my laptop. The laptop runs linux ubuntu karmic and works with the frequently updated version of calibre that used the binary install. However I have a more powerful freebsd server.

Now, I can install calibre out of the ports tree on freebsd but it is a relatively ancient version, calibre 0.6.27_2 whereas the latest on ubuntu is 0.3.37.

I've tried just downloading the source to freebsd and compiling, but even with the required dependencies it still fails. So wil new recipes work on older software?

cheers

Yes they will.
kiklop74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 03:38 PM   #3
booksonthemove
Connoisseur

cool!
Old 02-05-2010, 11:20 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiklop74 View Post
Yes they will.
For the most part And dont expect that to stay the same for ever
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 05:26 AM   #5
booksonthemove
Connoisseur

Still, this is good. Now, is there a quick way of doing this that i don't know about, or is it literally look-up-new-recipie-in-new-version then copy then paste into old?

thanks!
Old 02-06-2010, 07:27 AM   #6
kiklop74
Guru
kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.kiklop74 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

You can just download all recipe files posted in custom recipes thread and load them in your calibre. They will all appear in custom section.
Old 02-06-2010, 07:28 AM   #7
kiklop74
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
For the most part And dont expect that to stay the same for ever
The answer reflects on the current state of the matters. I know there will be changes
Old 02-06-2010, 07:36 AM   #8
booksonthemove
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiklop74 View Post
You can just download all recipe files posted in custom recipes thread and load them in your calibre. They will all appear in custom section.
cool, I'll do that a little later today.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:46 PM   #9
AustinTim
AustinTim began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Where are custom recipes?

Are the custom recipes saved as .recipe files somewhere (automatically)?
AustinTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 09:50 PM   #10
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTim View Post
Are the custom recipes saved as .recipe files somewhere (automatically)?
Your custom recipes are stored in the metadata.db file. I use Notepad++ to save separately any recipes I modify as .recipe files for backup.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote