Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-26-2012, 10:02 AM   #601
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
While this is a nice suggestion and money is always welcome, it wouldn't buy me time, unfortunately... I guess the same is true for the others involved. So: send programmers, not money :-P
I realize that.
My post was in response to the relative high number of "port it for me" posts appearing here recently.
(and being drugged out of my mind on pain pills last night)
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 02:37 PM   #602
dpavlin
Connoisseur
dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.

Device: Kindle K3G and DXG
New development build 2012-08-26

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
While this is a nice suggestion and money is always welcome, it wouldn't buy me time, unfortunately... I guess the same is true for the others involved. So: send programmers, not money :-P
I can only echo this sentiment, but I managed to integrate couple of changes from this forum and issue tracker into new development build.

It's available at:

https://github.com/hwhw/kindlepdfviewer/wiki/Download

together with list of changes.
dpavlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:14 AM   #603
NuPogodi
Connoisseur
NuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Kindle 3, Tolino Shine, Kobo Glo
1. Just tested the speed gain owing to LuaJIT... With the previous release PGM-screenshot on my K3 was rather slow ('cause of 4bpp to 8bpp conversion), it took approximately 2.5s. Now it is completed after 0.30-0.31s that is the same value as I've observed with tiny c-compiled binary. Amazing! My congratulations! Thanks a lot.. Now I may finally test all the ideas that was previously postponed since I was afraid that it may take till the next millenium.
2. One more positive feedback - the old-time problem with the memory leaks at font glyphs releasing is finally gone. Excellent job, dpavlin!
3. I have also fixed some bugs & introduced a couple of new features. I wish I could have a bit more time to integrate them into new lua-code...
NuPogodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:29 PM   #604
dpavlin
Connoisseur
dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.dpavlin can really shake a tail feather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuPogodi View Post
3. I have also fixed some bugs & introduced a couple of new features. I wish I could have a bit more time to integrate them into new lua-code...
Did you worked in inputbox a bit more? I noticed that ATL+Q doesn't produce numbers and SHIFT+letter doesn't produce capital letters. I looked in the code, but couldn't find easy way to fix that.
Old 08-28-2012, 02:23 AM   #605
NuPogodi
Connoisseur
NuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the endNuPogodi knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Kindle 3, Tolino Shine, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpavlin View Post
Did you worked in inputbox a bit more? I noticed that ATL+Q doesn't produce numbers and SHIFT+letter doesn't produce capital letters. I looked in the code, but couldn't find easy way to fix that.
Yes, I did. My new inputbox properly works with SHIFT+letter, Alt+Q..P, hints etc., but... it also still contains undesired features (like calculator) and, ATM, i have no time to clean a code.
[EDIT] I'll try to split everything I've done for kpdfviewer since last release on several small portions and to share these step-by-step - it should be easy for you, devs, either to accept or to reject new changes.

Last edited by NuPogodi; 08-28-2012 at 03:03 AM.
NuPogodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 04:18 AM   #606
dpavlin
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuPogodi View Post
Yes, I did. My new inputbox properly works with SHIFT+letter, Alt+Q..P, hints etc., but... it also still contains undesired features (like calculator) and, ATM, i have no time to clean a code.
[EDIT] I'll try to split everything I've done for kpdfviewer since last release on several small portions and to share these step-by-step - it should be easy for you, devs, either to accept or to reject new changes.
This is great, I'm looking forward to seeing your changes.

If you could please also push those changes to github, I will be happy to merge them into master.

I would really *love* to somehow lower git development hurdle for other contributors so if I can help please ask.
Old 09-03-2012, 11:40 AM   #607
HariSeldon85
HariSeldon85 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
This works on kindle 4 NT?
I've extracted the last build zip to /mnt/us (I've jailbreak and kite working, such as coolreader 3) but the application doesn't start...
HariSeldon85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:54 AM   #608
dave2008
Addict
dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: k3G, KDXG, AuraHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by HariSeldon85 View Post
This works on kindle 4 NT?
I've extracted the last build zip to /mnt/us (I've jailbreak and kite working, such as coolreader 3) but the application doesn't start...
The current stable branch does not. But the new ui branch does. However, it only has limited features so it is not very usable for now.
dave2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:04 PM   #609
HariSeldon85

I've tried the last build, and extracted the content on usb partition: it doesn't start.
How should it be installed?
Old 09-03-2012, 01:33 PM   #610
eLiNK
Addict
eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.

Device: PRS-505, KDXG
Quote:
I've tried the last build, and extracted the content on usb partition: it doesn't start.
How should it be installed?
the latest build provided is for k3/k2/kdx only.
eLiNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 01:39 PM   #611
HariSeldon85

Quote:
Originally Posted by eLiNK View Post
the latest build provided is for k3/k2/kdx only.
ah. Got it. Thanks.

Maybe do you know if there's a pdf text reflow and epub reader for k4nt ?
Old 09-03-2012, 01:42 PM   #612
dave2008
Addict
dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Yes, we haven't build a package for the new ui branch yet. All the current builds are based on the old code base.
Old 09-03-2012, 01:52 PM   #613
HariSeldon85

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave2008 View Post
Yes, we haven't build a package for the new ui branch yet. All the current builds are based on the old code base.
great ! I hope you will release a build soon!

In the meanwhile, do you know if there's another application with pdf text reflow and epub support for k4nt?
Old 09-03-2012, 01:55 PM   #614
dave2008
Addict

Quote:
great ! I hope you will release a build soon!

In the meanwhile, do you know if there's another application with pdf text reflow and epub support for k4nt?
Sorry that I don't. Maybe Duokan is the only choice for K4NT so far....
Old 09-03-2012, 02:59 PM   #615
tigran
Zealot
tigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kobo Aura One,HD,H2O,Touch,Mini,Kindle 3+DXG,Nook Simple Touch
Btw, kindlepdfviewer does not support pdf text reflow.
tigran is offline   Reply With Quote