Working great

Server: Synology DS110J w/ DSM 4.0-2228 and Apache/2.2.22 (Unix) PHP/5.3.10

Readers: Aldiko (Android)
Mantano Lite (Android)
warfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 01:49 AM   #77
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo eReader Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Thanks for the report.
vlad59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:23 AM   #78
JvdW
Zealot
JvdW doesn't litterJvdW doesn't litter

Device: Palm T5, Sony PRS-505, Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by warfab View Post
Working great

Server: Synology DS110J w/ DSM 4.0-2228 and Apache/2.2.22 (Unix) PHP/5.3.10

Readers: Aldiko (Android)
Mantano Lite (Android)
Care to explain what you had todo?

I have a DS211 and it seems to work but it feels a bit hackery

Joop
JvdW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 03:05 PM   #79
warfab
warfab began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by JvdW View Post
Care to explain what you had todo?

I have a DS211 and it seems to work but it feels a bit hackery

Joop
What I did was

1. Put my new library into a folder under "Web" after I enabled Web Station on Synology since I wanted to access the library online.
2. Fired up Calibre and pointed it to that folder.
3. Put the books I wanted into that new library via Calibre.
4. Shut down Calibre.
5. Unpacked the COPS archive into the same folder where new library is located.
6. Copied config_default.php as config_local.php (as instructed in COPS readme).
7. Modified config_local.php to suit my installation (also as per COPS instruction). What I edited were just
Code:
$config['cops_title_default']
Code:
$config['cops_x_accel_redirect']
and
Code:
$config['default_timezone']
That's it
warfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:21 PM   #80
budalb
Enthusiast
budalb knows what is on the back of the AURYN.budalb knows what is on the back of the AURYN.budalb knows what is on the back of the AURYN.budalb knows what is on the back of the AURYN.budalb knows what is on the back of the AURYN.budalb knows what is on the back of the AURYN.budalb knows what is on the back of the AURYN.budalb knows what is on the back of the AURYN.budalb knows what is on the back of the AURYN.budalb knows what is on the back of the AURYN.budalb knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kindle DXG, Sony PRS-600
I tried to install and access like: http://......./index.php. I got an error:

This page contains the following errors:

error on line 1 at column 1: Document is empty
Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error.

Can you help?

Thanks
budalb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:40 AM   #81
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

Please check the php error log
Old 08-01-2012, 09:50 AM   #82
gaspine
gaspine began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
probably his line 81 in data.php (i need to put a @ in from of $rel, $title to hide the notice error)

the notice error destroy the xml flux

sorry, document is empty is when config is wrongly set:

http://imagebin.org/index.php?mode=image&id=222889

Quote:
exception 'PDOException' with message 'SQLSTATE[HY000] [14] unable to open database file' in C:\UwAmp\www\cops\base.php:365
Stack trace:
#0 C:\UwAmp\www\cops\base.php(365): PDO->__construct('sqlite:../calib...')
#1 C:\UwAmp\www\cops\author.php(33): Base::getDb()
#2 C:\UwAmp\www\cops\base.php(231): Author::getCount()
#3 C:\UwAmp\www\cops\index.php(23): Page->InitializeContent()
#4 {main}exception 'PDOException' with message 'SQLSTATE[HY000] [14] unable to open database file' in C:\UwAmp\www\cops\base.php:365
Stack trace:
#0 C:\UwAmp\www\cops\base.php(365): PDO->__construct('sqlite:../calib...')
#1 C:\UwAmp\www\cops\author.php(33): Base::getDb()
#2 C:\UwAmp\www\cops\base.php(231): Author::getCount()
#3 C:\UwAmp\www\cops\index.php(23): Page->InitializeContent()
#4 {main}

Last edited by gaspine; 08-01-2012 at 09:53 AM.
gaspine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 11:41 AM   #83
vlad59
Addict

Yep this is a bug. I pushed a fix in github. I won't have time to make a new release soon though.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:18 PM   #84
budalb
Enthusiast
budalb knows what is on the back of the AURYN.budalb knows what is on the back of the AURYN.budalb knows what is on the back of the AURYN.budalb knows what is on the back of the AURYN.budalb knows what is on the back of the AURYN.budalb knows what is on the back of the AURYN.budalb knows what is on the back of the AURYN.budalb knows what is on the back of the AURYN.budalb knows what is on the back of the AURYN.budalb knows what is on the back of the AURYN.budalb knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

my problem was that my calibre lib directory is outside web root directory. fixed with putting the path in php.ini.
Old 08-04-2012, 02:00 PM   #85
budalb
Enthusiast

The html catalog works on my Synology DS211j. But I failed to make OPDS catalog worked. Any tips?

Thanks
Old 08-08-2012, 10:35 AM   #86
gaspine
gaspine began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
budalb try to open the opds catalog in a noraml navigator, and search for error in the source of the page.

Follow the same link and look @page
gaspine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:05 AM   #87
doncaruana
doncaruana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doncaruana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doncaruana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doncaruana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doncaruana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doncaruana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doncaruana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doncaruana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doncaruana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doncaruana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doncaruana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Nexus 7, Asus TF700
I'm kinda stuck in the same spot (on OPDS but HTML fine). What do you mean by opening the OPDS catalog in a "normal navigator"? How do I do that and with what?

Thanks!
doncaruana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:43 AM   #88
doncaruana
doncaruana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doncaruana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doncaruana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doncaruana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doncaruana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doncaruana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doncaruana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doncaruana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doncaruana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doncaruana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doncaruana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Nexus 7, Asus TF700
OK...got past that issue. I had to add /feed.php to the URL and now I get the catalog running off my synology NAS.

However...I'm using moon+ and I noticed that, while search works in FB Reader, it does not work in Moon+ when I point it to the COPS database. It works in Moon+ when I point it to the calibre content server on my desktop machine though.

Any suggestions as to whether there's a configuration needed or what I can tell the developer of Moon+ Reader?

Thanks!
doncaruana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:09 PM   #89
vlad59
Addict

Hi,

I got your mail

I'll install Moon+ this weekend and try to see what happen.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:08 PM   #90
DennisNY
DennisNY began at the beginning.

Device: Asus Transformer Prime
Step by Step Instructions for a Newbie?

Hi Everyone,

I've been looking for a way to host my Calibre database on my Synology 411+ and access it from my devices (PC and Asus Transformer Prime tablet) for a long time and this project appears to solve the problem. However, after reading the instructions on the download website and this thread, I'm having a hard time understanding the installation process for Synology as I'm not familiar with the php code references and I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to this.

What I've done so far is enabled the WebStation, mySQL and installed phpMyAdmin on the Synology. I also downloaded the cops 0.2.0 zip file and extracted the contents but I'm lost from there For example, the instructions mentioned "If a first-time install, copy config_default.php to config_local.php" Where's the config_local.php file?

On behalf of the other non-code-writing-synology-owning Calibre fans can someone please share layman, step by step instructions on how to get this working on a Synology unit? Thanks!
DennisNY is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre opds, dns, kobo aura, synology