Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-18-2012, 10:05 AM   #31
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeb View Post
Yes but I have the libraries in /usr/lib. So the loader should find them before looking somewhere else.
Some distributions are known to have implemented multi-lib with changes in the ld.so ordered list of "trusted directories".

I don't know if ArchLinux is one of them.

Perhaps a: strace -fF ... of the application will show where the loader is searching in your distribution (while looking for something it can't find, it should try everything it knows).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:32 AM   #32
hostar
Zealot
hostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle 4 non-touch
I'm sorry, I didn't know there is needed to have installed mono even for native version. But now I see it in strace output...
I will update first post and upload source.

EDIT: I'm afraid, I don't understand that "multilib" thing. Can someone please post exact name of package?
Source has been uploaded. Good luck with deciphering which code do what (there is not much comments)

EDIT2: in next version will be able to confirm root password with Enter key (and other things, but mostly just small)

Last edited by hostar; 06-18-2012 at 05:25 PM.
hostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:37 AM   #33
zeb
Connoisseur
zeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with others

Device: none
@Geekmaster: good to know, thanks. Still I am sure hostar will prefer I help debugging his software. I am pretty sure this is simple to solve.
zeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:34 PM   #34
zeb
Connoisseur
zeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with others

Quote:
Originally Posted by hostar View Post
EDIT: I'm afraid, I don't understand that "multilib" thing. Can someone please post exact name of package?
Hi hostar, firstly, thanks for your work.
Multilib are specific to 64-bit Linux/Unix OSes: some binaries are compiled in 32-bit addressing mode, and thus require 32-bit versions of libraries. On a 64-bit system, libraries in /usr/lib are in 64-bit mode and for compatibility reasons, equivalent libraries in 32-bit are kept in /usr/lib32.
On Archlinux 64, thre are no lib32 equivalent to mono. You must have compiled your GUI in a 32 bit environment, and therefore it cannot run using a 64 bit mono library.
The fact you have released the sources will allow me to recompile in 64-bit and see if this works.

Last edited by zeb; 06-18-2012 at 05:37 PM.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:01 AM   #35
zeb
Connoisseur

Hi,

OK I tried the source in monodevelop and am happy to say it succesfully built and ran without modifications. The only thing: I got a Fastboot-GUI.exe file, which I had to run using the command
Code:
mono Fastboot-GUI.exe
, a bit like a java program.

Now for usage: I have a Kindle Touch. I had to create the empty file ENABLE_DIAGS from scratch because there is no DONT_HALT_ON_REPAIR file. After reboot, I have the developer menu on the Kindle, but get no "F) Fastboot Bundle Install" under the "D) Exit, Reboot or Disable Diags" menu. Am I doing something wrong? Or is it my Kindle model?
Old 06-19-2012, 10:06 AM   #36
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Hi,

OK I tried the source in monodevelop and am happy to say it succesfully built and ran without modifications. The only thing: I got a Fastboot-GUI.exe file, which I had to run using the command
Code:
mono Fastboot-GUI.exe

Now for usage: I have a Kindle Touch. I had to create the empty file ENABLE_DIAGS from scratch because there is no DONT_HALT_ON_REPAIR file. After reboot, I have the developer menu on the Kindle, but get no "F) Fastboot Bundle Install" under the "D) Exit, Reboot or Disable Diags" menu. Am I doing something wrong? Or is it my Kindle model?
Whoot! Both a Linux 32bit and a Linux 64bit build.
Getting closer.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:07 AM   #37
zeb
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Whoot! Both a Linux 32bit and a Linux 64bit build.
Getting closer.
Yes, and I would like to thank you again for this.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:00 AM   #38
hostar
Zealot
hostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Hi,

Code:
mono Fastboot-GUI.exe

1) Great. But as you can see, this output exe run just under mono. For making really native x64 binary, run:
mkbundle ./Fastboot-GUI.exe
and post output here.

2) You really SHOULD have there "Fastboot Bundle Install", but I don't have Touch model, so maybe is elsewhere.

Last edited by hostar; 06-19-2012 at 11:05 AM.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:17 AM   #39
zeb
Connoisseur

Quote:
2) You really SHOULD have there "Fastboot Bundle Install", but I don't have Touch model, so maybe is elsewhere.
My Kindle OS version is different from your screenshots, I will come back with further info. Or maybe I am doing something wrong? Do I need to jailbreak it? Or does ENABLE_DIAGS suffice?
Old 06-19-2012, 01:21 PM   #40
zeb
Connoisseur

OK, when I enter diags, I have: WHITNEY_WFO 1.0.6.242

Supposing that the letters are consistent between systems:
Main menu: S O E B N Y U D and L
Under D (Exit...) I have U C R D L M and S, but no F.
Old 06-19-2012, 04:57 PM   #41
hostar
Zealot

zeb: probably geekmaster wiil help you. can you please upload x64 fastboot-gui version? I will add it to first post.
Old 06-19-2012, 05:52 PM   #42
zeb
Connoisseur

Quote:
zeb: probably geekmaster wiil help you. can you please upload x64 fastboot-gui version? I will add it to first post.
Here is the file attached.

I tried MfgTools under Windows, and curiously was unable to boot on fastboot mode. I am now wondering if Amazon has removed this capability in latest K5? I'll create a thread about this, because I may also be doing something wrong.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Fastboot-GUI_64bit.zip (23.1 KB, 279 views)
Old 06-19-2012, 06:04 PM   #43
hostar
Zealot

zeb: thanks. did you try to flash your diags with that one, which has ssh included?
http://gitbrew.org/~dasmoover/kindle...t-5.0.1.img.gz
Old 06-19-2012, 07:05 PM   #44
knc1
Going Viral

**my bad**

Last edited by knc1; 06-19-2012 at 07:12 PM.
Old 06-20-2012, 01:47 AM   #45
zeb
Connoisseur

Quote:
zeb: thanks. did you try to flash your diags with that one, which has ssh included?
http://gitbrew.org/~dasmoover/kindle...t-5.0.1.img.gz
No I have not. I used the stock K5. At the moment, I was exploring my Kindle unchanged. Is it because of this?

Tags
debricking, fastboot, gui, linux, windows