Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-22-2019, 06:46 AM   #1
nunojpg
nunojpg began at the beginning.

Device: KT4
SVG or HTML alternative to eips

I am using a KT4 with 5.12.1, and checking what options I have to render graphics to the screen from a shell script.

I can think of using a SVG render engine to create a PNG and print with eips, or to piggyback on the Kindle original browser to render HTML directly.

Any suggestions where to start?

Thanks!
nunojpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 10:16 AM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Depends on what exactly you mean by "graphics" .

I'd go with Pillow + FBInk, but that's just me .
(All of this is bundled w/ my Python packages).

SVG is slightly tricky because most decent rasterizers have a shitton of dependencies. That mainly leaves nanosvg, which understandably has limited capabilities.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2019, 02:33 AM   #3
nunojpg
nunojpg began at the beginning.

Device: KT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Depends on what exactly you mean by "graphics" ..
Yes...thinking better about it, I only want to print text, lines and images. Images I could do fine with eips. Lines I think any library could also do. So I'm looking for a text render. I see your library does it. Thanks for the hint.
nunojpg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
render svg html eips