Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 02-03-2011, 06:17 AM   #1
Mortis
Canucklehead in Malaysia
Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kindle
Recommendation: Two Arms and a Head: The Death of a Newly Paraplegic Philosopher

First let me apologize if this has already been posted, regardless I still think it's worth posting again. This isn't all that new, but I just found it and read it, I thought it was worth posting.I believe the book was written sometime in 2008, not 100% sure, sorry.

I have to warn you that this is not a "Feel Good" story and it may make you reevaluate your perceptions, if any, with regards to disabled people. I want to assure everyone that this is not fiction and is a story that I really think everyone should read, especially if you ride a motorcycle.

I'll let the author tell the story, except to say that this is an essay written by Clayton Schwartz, a young man that suffered a spinal injury and what he said really made me think about some of my preconceived perceptions. I found his story to be both moving and thought provoking.

"As unattractive and horrible as this book is, and however monstrous of a person many might think I am for having written it, I am giving a voice to something that needs to be heard, that wants more than anything to be heard."

- Clayton Schwartz

the complete story is here - http://www.2arms1head.com/

Last edited by Mortis; 02-20-2011 at 01:57 PM.
Mortis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clayton schwartz