Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 12-08-2017, 11:13 AM   #16
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3G, Voyage WiFi;FireHD; Kobo: Aura One, Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kansaskyle View Post
I really enjoyed the Odd Thomas series. They are fun, quirky books where a young man named Odd Thomas can see and interact with the dead. There is a reason for this brought out in the series, which ultimately serves a purpose. Odd even meets some famous dead people like Elvis!

I did find the books took a bit darker twist later in the series. Overall, I found them enjoyable. They did include bits of humor and sadness -- but, not at the same time as you presumed!

Thank you for the info.

Sounds like the light side of Brian Lumley's Necroscope series.

Well, I have that first one. I suppose I really should read it.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2017, 11:14 AM   #17
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy View Post
The last act of the first Odd Thomas book made me cry. I also cried when watching the movie.
I had no idea there was a movie!

Should I read the book first? Or see the movie first?
Old 12-08-2017, 11:42 AM   #18
Luffy
Wizard
Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kindle Fire 7
Read the book first, it's definitely recommended.
Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 11:50 PM   #19
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Deep in the heart of Texas (whether I like it or not)
Device: Kobo Aura, Nook Simple Touch with Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I had no idea there was a movie!

Should I read the book first? Or see the movie first?
I've only seen the movie, as I don't like Dean Koontz' writing. But I did enjoy the movie.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:44 AM   #20
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I've only seen the movie, as I don't like Dean Koontz' writing. But I did enjoy the movie.
I've only read about 6 or 7 of his books, back about 30 years ago. For me, they were OK, especially those title that he wrote around the time that "Strangers" [?] came out.

That leaves about 100 more novels to read - by him.

I will, however, be reading that first Odd Thomas book. That one sounds intriguing.
Old Yesterday, 12:24 PM   #21
John F
Wizard
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Cormoran Strike by Robert Galbraith, AKA J.K. Rowling - Detective
Kensie-Genaro by Dennis Lehane - Detective
Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton - Science fiction/thriller
Mr.Mercedes by Stephen King - Mystery / thriller
Mickey Haller by Michael Connelly
John F is offline   Reply With Quote