Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-21-2024, 12:12 AM   #1
jgray
Fanatic
jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E & Sage
No series data

I have the latest Calibre setup for my Sage. I started with a clean slate, factory resetting my Sage, and adding lots of books to Calibre. I then used the default metadata sources (Amazon and Google). It took several hours. When done, I don't see any series information in that column in Calibre. I have several books that I know are part of a series (all from Feedbooks).

I haven't sent anything over to the Sage yet. Why no series info in Calibre? Am I missing a step?
jgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 01:02 AM   #2
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I guess neither of those sites are providing the series data.

Amazon is pretty hit and miss. One listing may have set data, another won't. So it depends on which listing the scraper used
Here is one listing of the Harry Potter books...
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09N38HLBT
But it only lists the first 3 books.

I am not a big user of Google books, but they don't seem to have any series data, rather just a search string masquerading as a set number.

And I wouldn't trust Goodreads for set data either. I've come across many a set that are incorrect.
Karellen is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2024, 06:25 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I don't download info for the eBooks as I'd have to edit them anyway so I may as well do it by hand. Most of the metadata from the eBook is correct anyway. I want the description not to have review stuff and just be a proper blurb. I want the series correct. I don't want the tags field populated with rubbish. So really, it's easier to do it manually.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 06:55 AM   #4
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I don't download info for the eBooks as I'd have to edit them anyway so I may as well do it by hand. Most of the metadata from the eBook is correct anyway. I want the description not to have review stuff and just be a proper blurb. I want the series correct. I don't want the tags field populated with rubbish. So really, it's easier to do it manually.
Yes, same here.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 07:11 AM   #5
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Me Also!
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2024, 08:15 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray View Post
I have the latest Calibre setup for my Sage. I started with a clean slate, factory resetting my Sage, and adding lots of books to Calibre. I then used the default metadata sources (Amazon and Google). It took several hours. When done, I don't see any series information in that column in Calibre. I have several books that I know are part of a series (all from Feedbooks).

I haven't sent anything over to the Sage yet. Why no series info in Calibre? Am I missing a step?
GIGO Default may not be best for YOUR reading material.

I choose the site for my INITIAL download (if needed because the publisher was lame ).

In addition: Calibre has an additional layer (the main Metadata configuration screen id OVERALL). You can select BY source on the Left, then configure that.
Site A for Tags
Site F for Series
Site G for rating (the only rating that counts is MINE , so I disable all )
There are also User supplied Plugins (Get Plugins on the Preferences menu) for other sites.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote