Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-31-2010, 03:29 PM   #1
djk80
djk80 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Kindle DX and Kindle 3 annotation support

Hey guys and girls

Just wondering if anyone who received their Kindle 3 already has tried bookmarking and annotations?

I have an ipad and I have a Kindle 3 coming (whenever they plan to ship it)

My biggest concern is that I WANT to use a kindle DX for my textbooks and technical documents however are bookmarks and annotations still saved in the clippings.txt file on the kindle??

If the DX is geared towards more textbook and technical document support they REALLY need to add some more features in. I need to be able to open a pdf and look at existing bookmarks contained in the actual pdf and when I add another bookmark on the kindle or an annotation I would expect it to be saved into the pdf as well ?? ---However I know with past models they are not all the bookmarks and annotations were just saved into a clippings.txt file

Does anyone know with the kindle 3 or future models if this has been changed? Or if anyone knows of any 3rd party applications that would make bookmarks or annotations added to the actual pdf so it can be viewed by other applications or on the computer?
djk80 is offline   Reply With Quote