Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-07-2013, 03:30 AM   #91
electristan
newbie reader
electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: reMarkable, Boox T68, Kobo Mini, Nook STR, Sony PRS-505
Great, thanks! ill have a go tonight and report.
electristan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:00 AM   #92
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by electristan View Post
Just installed it on my Mini yesterday with out any issues, works great!

Only thing i noticed was that if you have the ebooks a few folders deep on the gdrive/mini the covers didnt show in sleep mode. show up fine in the library.

I just followed this guide https://github.com/softapalvelin/kob...c/wiki/install
thanks for the update - last time I tried, it did not work, will try this tonight if I manage!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2013, 03:38 PM   #93
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

ok, I tried it, but while this time it seems to work (in the sense that it created the needed directories in Gdrive), it seems to be screwing up the syncing of books - and in addition, I cannot logout from the ereader. Is this a know issue? Also, the auth.txt file has disappeared after the first connection, is this normal?
Old 06-08-2013, 04:32 PM   #94
spMatti
spMatti is a marvel to beholdspMatti is a marvel to beholdspMatti is a marvel to beholdspMatti is a marvel to beholdspMatti is a marvel to beholdspMatti is a marvel to beholdspMatti is a marvel to beholdspMatti is a marvel to beholdspMatti is a marvel to beholdspMatti is a marvel to beholdspMatti is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
ok, I tried it, but while this time it seems to work (in the sense that it created the needed directories in Gdrive), it seems to be screwing up the syncing of books - and in addition, I cannot logout from the ereader. Is this a know issue?
It's not a known issues at least for me. I have to test it with my reader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
Also, the auth.txt file has disappeared after the first connection, is this normal?
It's normal. Grive doesn't anymore need it after successful synchronization.
spMatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 04:35 PM   #95
paola
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by spMatti View Post
It's not a known issues at least for me. I have to test it with my reader.

It's normal. Grive doesn't anymore need it after successful synchronization.
Thanks spmatti - I had to uninstall it, as after a good hour it was still not syncing my books, and many of them had simply disappeared
Advert
Old 06-09-2013, 11:14 AM   #96
electristan
newbie reader
electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.electristan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: reMarkable, Boox T68, Kobo Mini, Nook STR, Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The cover files are JPEGs but with "parsed" as the extension. The file needs to be in "koboExtStorage/images" on what the device sees as the SD card. The file name looks like:

Code:
file____mnt_sd_Bagley,_Desmond_Spoilers_-_Desmond_Bagley_epub - N3_FULL
That is for an epub on the SD card with the path:

Code:
/Bagley, Desmond/Spoilers - Desmond Bagley.epub
The image size should be 600*800. But, if you don't want to stretch the cover, you can maintain the covers aspect ratio and size to either the width or height.
Quote:
Originally Posted by electristan View Post
Great, thanks! ill have a go tonight and report.
No go unfortunately, still shows the cover in the Library view but not in sleep mode.

No real problem though as it's more for emergency book downloads.
electristan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 03:38 PM   #97
AshEnke
AshEnke began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Hi !

Thanks for the script.
I'm encountering a problem while installing it on a Kobo Glo : it seems it can't reach the google authentification server.

The README is generated without the auth codes, and the last-grive-sync states ping: bad address 'www.google.com' and then usr/local/grive-sync/sync.sh: Synchronization error.

Am I missing something in the installation process ?
AshEnke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 09:12 AM   #98
jmaier
jmaier began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glow
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshEnke View Post
Hi !

Thanks for the script.
I'm encountering a problem while installing it on a Kobo Glo : it seems it can't reach the google authentification server.

The README is generated without the auth codes, and the last-grive-sync states ping: bad address 'www.google.com' and then usr/local/grive-sync/sync.sh: Synchronization error.

Am I missing something in the installation process ?
which firmware version you are using? I just tried today with 2.5.2 and 2.6.1 and in version 2.6.1 I also didn't get the auth code in README.txt. Only with version 2.5.2 I got it.
After an update to 2.6.1 I get also sync error and it isn't working at all - even if I do the update after the succesful setup process. Fortunately I do not get 2.6.1 automaticly so I was able to try it with both versions.
jmaier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 02:57 PM   #99
AshEnke

I'm on 2.6.1 (Bought the Kobo yesterday, let it download every update he wanted before I started using it)

Is there a way to downgrade it to 2.5 (and is it wise or is 2.6 really useful) ?
Old 06-21-2013, 03:00 PM   #100
jmaier
jmaier began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glow
Quote:
Is there a way to downgrade it to 2.5 (and is it wise or is 2.6 really useful) ?
I haven't tried but I guess it would be like a normal manual upgrade but with a lower software version.
Mine also bought just 2 days before yours came with 2.5 and when I do a factory reset will go back to this version.
If you search for kobo firmware you will find also older versions.
Regards
jmaier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:45 PM   #101
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
If you search, this has been discussed. Generally you can. But, it is recommended that you do a factory reset and connect to the PC for the setup. This will copy the latest firmware to the device. When that is finished, remove the firmware files and replace them with firmware you want to use. I have done this a couple of time without issue and have never heard of a problem doing this.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 12:03 PM   #102
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
In this special case, namely downgrading form 2.6.1, you should definitely factory reset in order to avoid problems. I think the problems are somehow related to the bin and sbin directories.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 01:27 PM   #103
AshEnke

Thank you everyone for your help, I dowgraded to 2.5.2 and installed this plugin and it works flawlessly.
I just miss the lack of book title in 2.6.1...
Old 07-01-2013, 02:59 PM   #104
Thomas de Graaff
Thomas de Graaff began at the beginning.

I just can't seem to prevent my Kobo Glo from updating to 2.6.1 It just automaticly updates after installing 5.2 firmware..

How to prevent updating so I can use kobo-grive-sync?
Thomas de Graaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 03:00 PM   #105
Thomas de Graaff
Thomas de Graaff began at the beginning.

I just can't seem to prevent my Kobo Glo from updating to 2.6.1 It just automaticly updates after installing 5.2 firmware..

How to prevent updating so I can use kobo-grive-sync?
Thomas de Graaff is offline   Reply With Quote