Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-25-2010, 12:24 PM   #1
cardinalsfanatic
cardinalsfanatic began at the beginning.

Device: Adobe Digital Editions
Angry Help, getting frustrated

I am new to calibre, and have been trying to get it installed and working, however, I have not yet gotten Calibre to work at all yet. I keep getting an error for a bad database and it exits the program. I have uninstalled/reinstalled, and have done all the trouble shooting that I can find. Still no luck.

I have a system running Windows 7 Home Premium.

This is what I get from running calibre-debug -g:

starting up...
catastrophic failure initializing GUI, bailing out...
Error in sys.excepthook:

Original exception was:

And that is all that I get... Please help!!!

Doc
cardinalsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 12:29 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, Doc.

Someone should step in soon with some help.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2010, 02:25 PM   #3
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool re-download

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalsfanatic View Post
I am new to calibre, and have been trying to get it installed and working, however, I have not yet gotten Calibre to work at all yet. I keep getting an error for a bad database and it exits the program. I have uninstalled/reinstalled, and have done all the trouble shooting that I can find. Still no luck.

I have a system running Windows 7 Home Premium.

This is what I get from running calibre-debug -g:

starting up...
catastrophic failure initializing GUI, bailing out...
Error in sys.excepthook:

Original exception was:

And that is all that I get... Please help!!!

Doc
try erasing that copy and re-downloading.
--
Alan
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 02:42 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
http://calibre-ebook.com/user_manual...ing-on-windows
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 06:08 AM   #5
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, Cardinal. Hope you've overcome the hitch now. Calibre is must-have library software. Best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert